Good Morning,

Soooo here is an interesting one. I am trying to determine a few things and would love some assistance. With the WiFi & Blackberry combo being so new myself and my company have decided that enabling WiFi is a risk we are not willing to take just yet. I am now tasked in determining what I can do to disable the WiFi on the BB Bold via the use of IT Policies. I have searched the Blackberry site and oddly enough I couldn't find anything of any use. to sum up what I am looking for:

1. What version(s) of BES is required to push an IT Policy to disable WiFi on WiFi enabled devices? (BB Bold mainly)

2. Is it even possible yet?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
    09-15-08 09:12 AM
    not possible.

you can manually turn off the wifi radio in each device by using the manage connections interface, but you cannot lock it out.
    09-16-08 05:53 AM
    Of course I can see an inherent problem with manually disabling Wi-Fi: it does not keep the user from re-enabling it. I cannot see where you or your business would be the first to have this problem arise (whether it be for Wi-Fi or other programs).

I would do a search for enterprise or professional software that would enable "locking" Wi-Fi from being used. This can be software utilized at either of two ends: via the Blackberries or via the actual network itself blocking the actual access of the Blackberries.

In all reality you will not be able to efficiently disable or remove Wi-Fi from each BB, but blocking its use is doable, just gotta find the software to do it.

Good luck
    10-22-08 09:53 PM
    Has anyone figured out how to permanently disable wifi on the bold?
    09-06-09 06:46 PM
    not possible......short of going into the engineering sreen and making changes....which I do NOT advocate
    09-20-09 11:43 AM
    You might get a better answer over in the BlackBerry Administrators forum. I don't know nothing about BES administration.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f50/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-09 05:45 PM
    I just answered it huber......not possible....lol
    09-20-09 07:01 PM
    This is an old thread, but our company BB's are 9000's and wifi is not enabled.

I have 3G, Wi-Fi version with WLAN 3.0.0.75, but all of the wifi options are hidden/removed/disabled.

I'm curious how to enable it...
    12-17-09 01:31 AM
    did you ever figure it out?
    10-09-10 01:31 PM
    I thought this was possible via IT policy within the BES?
    10-09-10 01:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD