Hey All,
    In order to conserve battery power, I want to set GPS to OFF. Is this done by setting Location Services to "Location Off" in the Location Settings screen?
    What is this used for anyways?
    Thank you kindly.
    10-09-11 08:16 PM
    The Global Positioning System (GPS) is a space-based global navigation satellite system (GNSS) that provides location and time information in all weather, anywhere on or near the Earth, where there is an unobstructed line of sight to four or more GPS satellites.
    It's used for Google Maps or, checking in on Facebook Places and numerous other applications.
    Make sure location is off, and on E911 only. (I think E911 is only in the US though so skip this)
    10-09-11 08:20 PM
    Yes, "Location Off" will disable the location-aiding part of the GPS. Note that you cannot disable the 911 GPS function.

With "Location On", location-based applications can use your GPS location to provide you with information such as driving directions, nearby facilities, etc.
    10-09-11 08:23 PM
    Nearly all apps that use location services will prompt you to turn it on when you open them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-11 10:40 PM
    Thanks for the replies, most appreciated

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-11 12:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD