whats up guys, got the new 9780 and im trying to figure out how i can disable the new email notification for just one of my email accounts.

i do not want to disable the new message notification because then it would disable the new message notification for everything, sms, email, bbm etc etc. All i want is to disable the new message notification just for my corporate email account. At the end of every day i have to mark all as read and its pretty annoying.

Thanks for your help.
    12-11-10 07:33 PM
    you can silence or change audio notification, but cannot stop the new message notification without unlinking the email.
    12-11-10 08:04 PM
    already have it silenced. trying to disable the popup msg for just my corp email account. is there an app that can do this?
    12-11-10 08:45 PM
    I'm pretty sure if you open your contacts folder, highlight the name, press menu/edit and scroll below the Custom Ringtones and Alerts to Messages you can select Silent and turn off the LED just for that particular person. I am almost certain this will only effect their email account but I am not positive it won't silence their sms/mms also. Let me know how it pans out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-10 09:12 PM
    all sound and LED is already disabled. what i am trying to remove is the notification that shows up right below the clock saying that i have a new message. unfortunately since i receive 200 emails a day from various people i cant just disable certain contacts.
    12-12-10 12:23 AM
    So you still want to get the email, but you don't want to know about it? Sorry I'm a little lost. If you get that many emails a day what's one more?

12-12-10 01:33 AM
    You can't do what you are asking.
    12-12-10 07:12 AM
    So you still want to get the email, but you don't want to know about it? Sorry I'm a little lost. If you get that many emails a day what's one more?

Exactly. Since i get sooo many work emails throughout the day...I dont want the new message notification to pop up on my blackberry.
    12-12-10 12:02 PM
    Hey ssatzberg, like MM said it can't be done without turning the notification off for all incoming emails from that account. You can however turn off the LED, Music and Vibe Alert if you Edit the Contact in your address book like I suggested in my earlier post. That's the best I got, sorry I couldn't be more help.

12-13-10 06:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD