My company just got these phones 8530 curve bout 2 months ago. In the trucking business.

Can I disable the gps tracking function on this phone? I have a control freak of a boss.

Personal opinions aside please.

Thank you
    Last edited by salesguy123; 03-14-10 at 09:19 AM. Reason: wrong device number
    03-14-10 09:17 AM
    Unless you are on BES (Blackberry Enterprise Server) or unless there is a 3rd party app installed on your phone, the GPS Location service does not transmit your location back to your boss. For the most part is is to allow Blackberry Maps or a smiliar program to show you where YOU are, not to show everyone else where you are. It is also used in areas where e-911 is available to help emergency services find you.
    03-14-10 10:30 AM
    I have a boss that is the same way...I turned mine off just in case even though I don't have a 3rd party app or BES. Go to options/advanced options/GPS/turn the location off under "GPS" services.
    03-15-10 01:27 PM
    If they are company purchased phones, I'd say the chances are good they are on BES.
    03-15-10 01:49 PM
    Thank you, all for your help and advice. Our company email is forwarded to our personal email which the company forwards to the blackberry they provide. They are too cheap to spend the $$ on BES..

Here is the bottom line. I am newly divorced and fought like **** to have my kids 3 days / week after school and overnight a couple days.

Basically I need to cut out of work literally 2hours / 3 times per week. I would be more than happy to continue taking calls and emails for my company. (doing my job) but they are unwilling to do that. So... before I burn all my personal days and vacation days I was hoping to get around this stuff.

Guess I have to find a job where the employer is more trusting in in the 20th century (not 21st )

THANKS!!
    03-15-10 04:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD