Just wondering how I can totally disable GPS including 911 on my Storm 2. I feel like this is being shoved down my throat and big brother is following me around. Not that I'm doing anything illegal, I just think that since I paid for this thing that I should have the choice. My guess is that it isn't possible and big brother is here to stay, unless I take it apart and remove it or find the software to do it.
    03-07-10 02:04 PM
    No you can't. Sorry man.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-07-10 02:26 PM
    LOL, you are hilarious! Who are you worried about following you?
    03-07-10 02:28 PM
    LOL, you are hilarious! Who are you worried about following you?
    Who said anybody was worried about being followed, I'm just not complacent like most. It's called freedom of choice.
    03-07-10 02:39 PM
    Then you can choose not to have a cell phone.

03-07-10 02:45 PM
    Fact is, if the phone is on, then it can be tracked with or without the GPS enabled.
    03-07-10 03:34 PM
    Sadly I think your only option, if indeed it is an option, is to turn your cell off. I kinda know what you're saying ..between cells and (in NJ) EZpass, debit cards, etc..it's like your every moved is being tracked.
    03-07-10 03:47 PM
    Then you can choose not to have a cell phone.

So true. I don't think any phone now days don't have some kind of gps...

03-07-10 03:47 PM
    Verizon charges you a county fee for 911. So blame Verizon and the manufactor of the cell phone, oh and the government. So you have the choice to live in the woods, completely off the grid.
    03-07-10 03:58 PM
    Someone who buys a device like a BlackBerry, which its sole purpose is to keep you more connected, but is mad because he wants to be less connected. That's irony.

03-07-10 05:21 PM
    Someone who buys a device like a BlackBerry, which its sole purpose is to keep you more connected, but is mad because he wants to be less connected. That's irony.
    Great post.
    03-07-10 05:34 PM
    The only way to be completely off the grid, as far as big brother watching, is to take the battery out. With it in it still can be traced as the phone is not completely off. You could always wrap your cell phone in tin foil, that outta do some good. Ha, don't really try that
    03-08-10 06:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD