My time is up with Storm 1 my first Berry, I have looked at all the "others" but really what can do business e-mail better then blackberry? NOTHING !
    So staying with blackberry 100%, my dilemma is should I move on with Storm or look at the new Tour/Bold whatever the name is?
    I only need maybe 5-6 apps and a theme or 2 other then that that a solid phone with basic function that doesn't need a lot of tender loving care and consistent battery pulls... my thoughts are toward the Tour /Bold as I hate the whole sure press thing.
    Any feedback crackberry faithful ?
    04-19-10 04:21 PM
    One Word. Trackpad.
    04-19-10 04:25 PM
    The main difference is really keyboard or not. Almost everything else is the same. It's more of a personal preference.

There's also the rumored Slider that might be coming soon. Gives you the best of both. (hopefully)
    04-19-10 04:26 PM
    The S2 is much further ahead than the S1. Believe me on that. Give it a shot for 2 weeks and if you dont like it, go to the tour.
    04-19-10 05:11 PM
    im not into Blackberry touch screens after owning them... however Blackberry does make the best QWERTY phones out there. I would get the new Bold 9650 when it comes out May 1st
    04-19-10 05:33 PM
    Like others have said. It all depends on if you require a qwerty keyboard or not. For me I need a physical keyboard. For me I'd go with the Tour2.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-10 05:42 PM
    Battery Pulls? Don't do them very often anymore. What, 2 in the last month, mainly to look at the insides and the battery itself?

I wanted the 9650 and the trackpad, but it kept getting pushed back. I coulda waited, but there were more places to go. Then the slider pops onto the radar. So, I grabbed a Tour, I'll let things settle down, then see what happens by early next year. I can fall back to the new Bold if I don't like the slider, annual upgrades give me flexibility.

And my wife is happy with her Tour, especially after the Pearl.

OP, if you're locked in for 3 years, I really understand your dilemma. I know some Canadian carriers are pretty infleXible that way.

04-19-10 05:47 PM
    My S2 is very solid, but so was my S1. Go play with them all at the store and get the one you like the best.
    04-19-10 06:56 PM
    I run a business and love my S2...I do a lot of emails also. The surepress in my opinion is. Great feature and one of the main reasons for my choosing the device. Its personal preference to Be sure...but if you like the touch you will love S2.

04-19-10 09:32 PM
    I have 2 BB's. One is a Storm 2, which is excellent from the standpoint of memory and reliability. I also had a Storm 1, which after the OS upgrade was flawless, so I like them. I find it no harder to type on the virtual keyboard and make no more mistakes on it than I do the qwerty keyboard on the 8900 Curve, so YMMV. My advice is to get the latest technology. When I got the 8900, I was disappointed that it was no moe advanced than my old 8310. When I got the Storm 2, I was somewhat happy with the Wi-Fi, but it didn't "wow" me anymore than the Storm 1. I'd go with a trackpad device, but make sure it has a trackpad if it's a qwerty device (I would go for the new Bold or Tour 2 , or whatever they're going to call it) and a Storm 2 if you like touchscreens.
    04-19-10 11:54 PM
    I talked with my rep this morning and he has pre-ordered a 9650 for me, bye bye storm hello Bold/ Tour 2 /Essex.
    04-20-10 10:53 AM
    I talked with my rep this morning and he has pre-ordered a 9650 for me, bye bye storm hello Bold/ Tour 2 /Essex.
    you cant perorder the Bold. Its not even announced by RIM yet, and Verizon has not even announced the phone.
    04-20-10 11:48 AM
    It would be hard to say to not go to the new Tour. If it is anything like the Tour that I have now or better, then I would say hands down, go for the Tour. However, if there was one device that I would definitely want to try, it would be the Storm 2. I think that the phone is awesome, but I heard all of the horror stories about the first Storm which mad me hesitant. I also don't like Verizon, but that is a different story. I would try out the Storm2 to see if you like it. If you don't, you can always take it back and get the Tour 2. I know the new Tour will be awesome.

04-20-10 09:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD