Just setup some 8350i boostberries for my business, everything working BUT when we DC each other, if we don't respond within a couple of seconds we can't reconnect, end up on a blank field with sender one step down - have to scroll down a spot, hit the DC button to reply. This is a PITA, really slows things down, can't seem to find a setting to cure it.

Sorry if this is redundant, I'm sure we're not the first with this problem but couldn't seem to form the question right for a search hit in the existing threads . . . please help if you can, thanks.
    11-19-10 01:34 PM
    Never had a 8350i but used Ptt for years with Nextel. Wont it let you just press the talk button? If the callers screen is still up it should just connect. Or is it making you alert again?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-10 02:32 PM
    They beep you, screen shows Direct Connect, In Use, and their name. After 5 seconds In Use gets replaced by Ended, then a little later (or as soon as you push the Ptt button once Ended appears) you're taken to the recent calls screen, cursor lands on a blank line. The caller's name is on the next line below, so you have to scroll to it in order to call them back. My office manager's 8350i is still on Nextel (instead of Boost), cursor there lands ON the last recent call so you just push the Ptt button anytime to call that person back.

A small but irritating thing, especially if you're driving - if you don't answer quick enough, you have to eyeball the screen plus run the scroller, definite backwards step safety-wise. I'm thinking there must be a setting to either eliminate the blank line at recent calls, or else extend the In Use time window, but can't seem to find it - we're running V5.0, and do have the software (did the service book hack), maybe there's something in there?
    11-20-10 06:46 PM
    What a pain, I don't know how to help you. You could try posting in the 8350i forum, you may get faster help. Liked your suggestion of upgrading the os. Best of luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-10 07:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD