I know this is a common issue with DC not operating on Bluetooth, and I'm sure it's been posted 1000 times before, but I didn't find the answer... The Bluetooth pairs properly and all the calls sound and controls work as they're supposed to... Except DC. For some reason, when I'm paired to the Bluetooth and I get a Direct Connect Alert or Beep, everything is silent. The car displays the contact on the screen, but there's no audio. I tried to check the volume and it's set to maximum on both the phone and the car. I would like to know if there's a way to prevent DC to go to the Bluetooth... In other words, the phone calls to be routed to the car, but the DC to work only on the phone's speaker. I know I can press the "Speaker" button during the conversation, but when the conversation's over, the DC switches back to the car. Any ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-10 02:17 PM
    Try this: Phone button-menu-options-direct connect-speakerphone-off

I had the same problem and this worked for me. Only problem is that when you turn off the Bluetooth you need to turn the speakerphone back on.

Good luck
    03-28-10 02:25 PM
    I have 3 bluetooth headsets only one will send the alert tones through and one cuts the first second or so of talk off so it may well not be the phone.
    03-28-10 03:32 PM
    I've asked the same question months before and was informed that you cannot hear the D/C "chirp" while using bluetooth (and have found that to be true, least for me).
    03-28-10 08:14 PM
    I have a Plantronics 220 that will. I have a Jabra BT-350 that wont. And I also have a MioB BK-600 that not only wont but also cuts off the first few words.
    03-28-10 08:39 PM
    Thank you for reply's. Setting the Speaker to Off position would not work. I'm trying to help a friend of mine who's not technically inclined and that would create more head aches, but it's a good work around anyway.
    He is using his built in Car Bluetooth (Mercedes) and on the previous phone (i880 I believe) the DC worked perfectly. Maybe there's some new firmware that could be applied... I will tell him to check with Dealer.
    I will try to play with all the options available and I will let you know what I came up with.
    For myself, I have a Blutooth that works perfectly with DC (I will post the Make and Model when I get a chance) and best of all, it has a Solar Cell built-in so I don't need to have it connected into 12V outlet...
    Thanks again.

03-30-10 07:24 PM
    Another thought check what OS the phones running. Up (or down) grading might help. 313 is current 204 first prior
    03-30-10 08:08 PM
    My friend's phone has OS .313.
    -------------
    I do have a Bluetooth device that works perfectly with DC (as I stated in my previous posts). It is "LG HFB-500" and the best feature is the Solar Charger because I don't need the cord plugged in the car. I only charged it once in the beginning and for the past several months I've been using it with no problems.

03-31-10 09:52 PM
    He is using his built in Car Bluetooth (Mercedes) and on the previous phone (i880 I believe) the DC worked perfectly. Maybe there's some new firmware that could be applied... I will tell him to check with Dealer.
    Just wondering what the Mercedes is using? I just recently bought a Ford Fusion and it came equiped with the SYNC system. I'm having no luck with using the 8350i with that system.

Anyone else ever use the SYNC with their 8350i?

By "no luck" I mean using the DC with the SYNC. I AM able to use the phone with the SYNC and everything else really.
    Last edited by Injection Classique; 03-31-10 at 10:10 PM. Reason: clarifying "no luck"
    03-31-10 10:06 PM
    Lets see if I can explain this without actually being in front of a class lol. Phone and most other signals such as music have a continuous signal going out. With a phone signal this is know as a carrier wave. (and that has nothing to do with cell phone carrier such as Nextel or Sprint or Verizon but I digress). Now the problem is a DC connection is not continuous, it is an on when transmitting or receiving an active signal or off when nothing is being sent or coming in. So if our receivers or transmitters cant handle the on/off of DC we will have problems with it where other functions, with a continuous signal, work perfectly. Another example of this would be the Send By or Receive By Bluetooth functions on the phone. We must “turn” these on for each picture we send or receive by Bluetooth.

Hope that makes sense if not I’ll try some other way to explain it.
    04-01-10 01:21 AM
    Mr-Eddie, it is simple enough to understand the basic principle of the way DC operates in conjunction with Bluetooth, but I was looking for some answer to my friend's dilema. A Motorolla i880 works with his car's Bluetooth in DC mode but the 8350i does NOT. From this example I have to draw the conclusion that there's a problem with the way the 8350i pairs with that Bluetooth device, but what can be done about it? The question was, Can I, at least, stop the 8350i from trying to send the DC to Bluetooth?
    -----------------
    When I look at my Bluetooth device that operates properly in DC (LG HFB-500), in Device Properties I see the following:
    - Hands-Free unit
    - Headset
    - Headset

I believe the 2nd "Headset" option specifically defines the way the 8350i communicates to the Bluetooth while paired.

Unfortunately, I cannot find a way to Enable or Disable this feature so I can help my friend.
    Because my friend's DC is COMPLETELY SILENT when paired, I am looking for a way to Disable the 8350i from trying to send the signal to the Bluetooth so he can heat it on the Phone's Speaker, at least.

In "Bluetooth Options" I see there are several options that can be Enabled/Disabled so I will try to see maybe those will make a difference.

I will post my results.

Last edited by peryp9; 04-01-10 at 06:06 AM.
    04-01-10 05:42 AM
    Any more ideas besides the "Speaker OFF" work-around mentioned previously?

04-03-10 07:10 PM
    I've been trying different things with the headsets I have that partially work like make sure the phones not in prompt, full time discoverable, but one minute it seems I have an answer and the next they are back to not working. I am do wonder about that second headset showing up I dont have that on any of mine.
    04-03-10 08:05 PM
    My Moto T505 was great with my i9 but with new 8350i no DC comes through. So much for using it for steaming music through BT to car stereo and not missing any calls.
    Sorry, it's working now with DC
    Last edited by b1gbleu; 04-08-10 at 09:31 AM. Reason: it works now
    04-07-10 09:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD