so my dilemma. about 2 years ago, the newest thing was the "revolutionary" blackberry storm and its SurePress technology. i immediately got one, and guess what. it sucked. I'm sorry to any storm users out there that this offends. first of all, the buggy OS and poor battery life were hard to deal with, but in addition, the "play" button was located on top of the phone causing the music to randomly start playing from my pocket. which led to many embarrassing situations. the screen cracked on even small drops, and it was not a fluke. i had to get it replaced countless times and i was by no means being careless. a one foot drop was enough to do the trick. so i decided to try something new. i am on verizon, and about a year after the storm 2, the droid, and droid eris came out. i of course had to make the mistake of choosing the droid eris. i also am an ipod touch owner so i have had my share of iOs experience.i am thinking of moving to a bold 9650. i am tired of my crappy android handset, and the cheap feeling i get when navigating through the android OS, i am not a fan of ios, and i think i like the blackberry OS the best, and would like the physical keyboard. having had a bad experience with a BB before (although i completely blame the handset, not the BB OS) i was wondering weather you guys think i should get a bold 9650 as soon as i can, or wait until a new android phone comes out and just deal with it?
    12-06-10 10:06 PM
    No-one can answer this for you. I prefer a full QWERTY keyboard over touch screen, so that would narrow my search considerably. I love my Bold 9650 with its large memory capacity, Wi-Fi, and ability to use it on GSM networks.

But... "replaced countless times" for cracked screens dropped only a foot "while by no means being careless" does not compute. I'm just sayin'...

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    12-07-10 06:21 AM
    If you don't like the OS of droids, come back to BB's but read some reviews and posts about peoples feelings on their phones to see if you would like it with it's possible problems.
    12-07-10 07:05 AM
    I did not have the bad experience that you had with the Storm line. My Storm1 was fair, but my Storm2 was a good device, and I found the screen to be fairly durable, as my Storms sustained a few drops. Anyways, I MUCH prefer my 9650, the BBOS works much better with a keyboard.

In the end though the choice is yours. I suggest that you go to the store and play with the devices and decide for yourself. Besides the 9650, Android has come a long way from the Eris also, so you might want to check out some of their newer devices too, such as the DroidX, DroidPro, & Galaxy S (Fascinate).
    12-07-10 08:20 AM
    I've been having a great experience with my Droid 2, and can't see returning to BB without a major change in both hardware, software (OS upgrades, and app availability), and BIS functionality.

You, however, must make the choice for yourself.

The Bold 9650 is a nice device and would have been the BB upgrade path I was on, but after a year with the Tour I realized I wouldn't be satisfied with it any more and I couldn't see buying a phone that they essentially changed 3 items on and recycled the rest of the Tour.

Coming into it fresh though, like you would be, there's absolutely nothing wrong with the 9650.

Not trying to ruffle any feathers, btw, just talk about it from a different perspective.
    12-07-10 09:08 AM
    Yeah the Tour to the Bold wasn't enough of a leap. My 9700 is the perfect device... But not all will feel this way. It isn't really debatable though that it is a solid build, and a well rounded functional phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-10 12:26 PM
    I feel your pain on the Eris. I have had BB for over 3 yrs and now have the Droid Incredible. I love this device. It really does live up to its name. I don't like the battery life though, but I deal with it. I will have to get an extended battery.
    But I really am impressed with it. Check it out.
    12-15-10 12:49 AM
    No matter what your choice, sounds like one word will help: OtterBox.
    12-15-10 08:34 AM
    Yea it DOES sound like you could use an Otterbox!
    12-15-10 08:42 AM
    i am tired of my crappy android handset, and the cheap feeling i get when navigating through the android OS, i am not a fan of ios, and i think i like the blackberry OS the best, and would like the physical keyboard. having had a bad experience with a BB before (although i completely blame the handset, not the BB OS) i was wondering weather you guys think i should get a bold 9650 as soon as i can, or wait until a new android phone comes out and just deal with it?
    From that section of your post i would say move to Blackberry. You feel it's the best, you are tired of the cheap Android OS feeling. To me, im my book that would warrant the move.

and make sure to pick up a good case while you are at it. why spend 200 dollars on a phone and skip the protect a good case will offer. IT's like buying a Rock River Arms AR15 and going to wal-mart to by a Crossman Scope.
    12-15-10 08:49 AM
    It looks like you may have gone back to BB. If so, I think you made the right choice though I agree with some who have commented above -- it's a personal decision. I have had the Droid Incredible and am anxiously/somewhat patiently awaiting the release of the Bold 9780 on AT&T. While the Incredible's internet access is much quicker than my Curve's was and it looks nicer, I prefer the full qwerty keypad. Also, really like BB's calendar and email better. I learned that I am not a fan of the all touch format and probably not a fan of touch. I'm a true BBer.
    Hope you find something that works for you.
    12-15-10 08:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD