I posted awhile back on here about getting a BlackBerry and I ended up getting a Z10. Yet I didn't feel good about that Z10 so I went back to my Android. I think one of my reasons for giving up so quickly on the Z10 was lack of games and a completely new OS to get used to. I don't think I gave it a chance. I'm so used to opening up my games like Clash of Clans. But I also like the idea that I could give up the silly game and go all BlackBerry. Truth is I enjoy the BlackBerry phones I had in the past and I had many. I like the physical keyboard, quickness and reliability. I want to get a Classic but it's out of my price range. The Passport looks cool but is too big for me. Call me a little crazy but I like the old 9900 series Bolds that T-Mobile had. Back in the day those were really expensive phones and yet I ponied up for them. I'm also looking for battery life and the z10 had poor battery life in my opinion.
    I guess what I'm asking is how I can get the right BlackBerry for my needs (mainly email, text and pictures) and how I can get along without games. Has anyone else been addicted to games (or other non-BlackBerry apps) only to eventually give them up and go solid BlackBerry? Any advice and input is appreciated.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-02-15 01:17 AM
    BlackBerry phone wasn't built for games.

Pasaporte Pilipinas | SQW100-1/10.3.2.26xx
    09-02-15 01:34 AM
    I understand that

09-02-15 01:38 AM
    Personally, I'm sticking on my Q10 because of the keyboard and the form factor (I believe the passport is a beautiful device but too big for me).
    I don't really like to play on a phone, every time I tried I ended up bored by the clumsy controls, pay to win practices and ads everywhere. Needless to say I'm running away from bloated samsung/htc/etc.. androids and I'm not rich enough to contribute to apples stockholders benefits. (Aka their idevices are overpriced for what it is).

Now, if you really want to play i think a large selection of games would run through the BB10 android runtime.

The only game I don't mind to play on my phone is a native version of 2048 as it is extremely casual
    09-02-15 02:00 AM
    I bought a cheap Android tablet for games etc. Paid $77 for a Lenovo. My phone is a communication (social media included) and media player tool. My son uses his Z10 with his Pebble watch and YouTube videos. Figure out what ur needs are before purchasing a device, from any platform.

Posted via Classic
    09-02-15 07:07 AM
    BlackBerry phone wasn't built for games.
    Really now? How is it not?
    09-02-15 07:18 AM
    I have plenty of games.

a dilemma. have you given up games and been ok on BlackBerry?-img_20150902_082257.png

Posted via CB10
    09-02-15 07:23 AM
    Back when I was playing games on my phone I really didn't have problems finding the games I wanted. I maxed out my internal memory with games on my Z10 and played every free min I had. Kiwi Wonder, Death worm, MACE tower defense, Flycraft, Badland, Alpha Zero, Tutti Bugs, Angry Birds Rio, Robotek, Galaxy Defense Plus.... that is just the games compatible with my passport. I had maybe 30-40 more on my Z10 that I played to death. Eventually it got old staring at the little screen and I adjusted to getting more constructive things done in my free time. Difficult now to sit and play games even on my Xboxone.
    09-02-15 07:32 AM
    I don't usually run games on my phone. But I have tried a few, a mix of BlackBerry world and Google play.

The latest was pac man 256 (or some other number) and it works flawlessly

Still I have given up games mostly because I lost interest

CB10 on Passport 10.3.2
    09-02-15 07:33 AM
    What's wrong with games on BlackBerry 10? Ive never had a problem running most games on my z30 and even the passport
    09-02-15 07:35 AM
    I bought a cheap Android tablet for games etc. Paid $77 for a Lenovo. My phone is a communication (social media included) and media player tool. My son uses his Z10 with his Pebble watch and YouTube videos. Figure out what ur needs are before purchasing a device, from any platform.

Posted via Classic
    Did something similar as well. When I went to AT&T to get my Passport, I got a free LG 7 tablet with the service for $10 a month. Instead of having to use up my phone's battery and memory, I just use my tablet for games and non-essential things.

The tablet is light enough to carry in my briefcase and uses the same charger as my phones so I'm not too encumbered.

Passport
    09-02-15 08:25 AM
    This probably won't help the OP but I have found plenty of games on BB App World to play. Haven't tried Clash of Clans but between work, house chores, and raising two kids, I rarely have time for games on my phone. And if I had the time I would opt to sit down with my kids and play a board game instead, or do something outside. I'd much rather play video games on my home console game anyway rather than any kind of phone.

But for those that do want games on their phones, I've found plenty of options in BB App World and Amazon if you don't mind the wide open permissions that come with Android games.
    jteezybb likes this.
    09-02-15 08:59 AM
    I can't say I've had to give up games on BB10. I've managed to accumulate around a dozen games in BlackBerry World.

ATM, I have 2 games installed on my Z30 that I regularly play: King of Dragon Pass and Sonic Dash.
    Neither of these are native BB10 apps; they use the Android Runtime. The experience isn't perfect (KODP has some long loading times and Sonic Dash stutters) but they are not deal breakers.

In the past, I have played Mass Effect: Infiltrator (native game) as well as MyBoy to play a GameBoy Advance game on my phone. These two ran without a hitch.

So while gaming is not the main reason I use a BB10 device, it is definitely doable. I suspect that games requiring the Google Play Services will be the biggest source of problems for a BB10 user.
    09-02-15 04:00 PM
    I have plenty of games.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150902_082257.png 
Views:	1043 
Size:	501.4 KB 
ID:	369368

Posted via CB10
    Where did you get KOTOR? Is it enjoyable on a Passport? Do you mind sharing a couple of screenshots??

Posted via CB10
    09-02-15 05:57 PM
    OP the Z30 is solid for gaming...Real Racing 3 has unbelievable graphics and is very smooth. Your problem is you went with Z10 which is older, smaller, and has a slower GPU. Try a 30 and you can have the best of both worlds, it's also cheap at this point.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-15 06:45 PM
    Still messing lots of good games like asphalt 8, real racing 3 etc.
    a dilemma. have you given up games and been ok on BlackBerry?-img_20150902_195102.png

Posted via CB10
    techguy1 likes this.
    09-02-15 06:52 PM
    Not a big game player on the cell phone and really never have been. I put retroarch on my Passport and deleted it not too long after as I only play games on my console . As I've become older I'm noticing my interest in games Is waning. I've always wondered what the demographics for those who download games is. My Passport is used for communication mainly.
    09-02-15 06:57 PM
    Trivia Crack Works, That's all I need!
    a dilemma. have you given up games and been ok on BlackBerry?-mockit_21042015013826.jpg

Posted Via CB10 via Z10 via BB10
    09-02-15 08:28 PM
    You lost me at buying a phone for games.

Posted via CB10 - Z10 'Powered by BlackBerry'
    09-02-15 08:53 PM
    Did something similar as well. When I went to AT&T to get my Passport, I got a free LG 7 tablet with the service for $10 a month. Instead of having to use up my phone's battery and memory, I just use my tablet for games and non-essential things.

The tablet is light enough to carry in my briefcase and uses the same charger as my phones so I'm not too encumbered.

Passport
    Yup. And I think the larger screen is easier on my son's eyes too.

Posted via Classic
    09-02-15 09:22 PM
    Still messing lots of good games like asphalt 8, real racing 3 etc.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150902_195102.png 
Views:	515 
Size:	612.0 KB 
ID:	369450

Posted via CB10
    And new one that was featured a while ago, Top Speed.

�   Andro-Loader (TM) - who is gonna leak ...? Black-Berry! dadadada dee dum dee dum...   �
    09-02-15 10:21 PM
    Wow...I appreciate all your replies! Thank you! Totally changed my view on BlackBerry games. I have been looking online and haven't seen any Z30s. I've seen a few Z10s, Classics and Passports along with much older BlackBerry phones.
    I also want to add that another reason I'd like to go back go BlackBerry is security. I feel like my Android is a virus machine waiting to go off at any moment. My current phone shuts off at random. My Z10 never gave me issues. I just didn't care for the battery life.
    But again I do appreciate the input guys!

09-03-15 12:58 AM
    Op I was addicted to games also and had android so I got a BlackBerry Classic and now I have so much more time and my games addiction is totally gone. The classic is the best thing that could have happened to me

Posted via CB10
    techguy1 and Sulaco757 like this.
    09-03-15 04:52 AM
    I play games on my Gallery Tab 2. I'm handle all of my communication needs on my  BlackBerry Z10. I read play games though.

 Z10 STL 100-3 with vitamin 10.3.1.2708 on AT&T
    09-03-15 04:59 AM
    Wow...I appreciate all your replies! Thank you! Totally changed my view on BlackBerry games. I have been looking online and haven't seen any Z30s. I've seen a few Z10s, Classics and Passports along with much older BlackBerry phones.
    I also want to add that another reason I'd like to go back go BlackBerry is security. I feel like my Android is a virus machine waiting to go off at any moment. My current phone shuts off at random. My Z10 never gave me issues. I just didn't care for the battery life.
    But again I do appreciate the input guys!

If u get a tablet for games, u can install Blend on it and never miss important information and will have access to ur files too.

Posted via Classic
    09-03-15 07:06 AM
44 12