My contract is due to end on my bb 9700, and I can say it been a very dependable bit of kit. I have been looking to upgrade to a bb9790, but considering waiting for the new bb os10. The rest of my family are part of the iclan and are exerting pressure on me to join them. I don't want a toy I want a reliable phone to communicate, I am not bothered about apps, but want the opportunity to browse the Internet and a phone to link up with my PB. Your thoughts please.
    03-09-12 04:20 AM
    My contract is due to end on my bb 9700, and I can say it been a very dependable bit of kit. I have been looking to upgrade to a bb9790, but considering waiting for the new bb os10. The rest of my family are part of the iclan and are exerting pressure on me to join them. I don't want a toy I want a reliable phone to communicate, I am not bothered about apps, but want the opportunity to browse the Internet and a phone to link up with my PB. Your thoughts please.
    I would say follow your experience and trust your feelings, all new OS have teething problems so it really is about the length of contract you may have to commit too. Here in the uk we have short and long term contracts, I however bought my 9810 outright. OS 7 will go on and on and on.

Good luck with your choice and whatever you do nice to talk with you.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    03-09-12 04:33 AM
    Cheers Davey, do you know when BB OS 10 is to be released as this will influence my decision . If it is next year I will more than likely go for the BB9790, which looks good and gets positive reviews.
    03-09-12 04:39 AM
    Cheers Davey, do you know when BB OS 10 is to be released as this will influence my decision . If it is next year I will more than likely go for the BB9790, which looks good and gets positive reviews.
    I think it's suposed to be the last quarter of this year, there are various posts about it but I'm not sure, as I said I'd let the bugs get delt with before I bought into it (and I will at some stage providing there is a slider or a physical keyboard). Sorry I hadn't noted that you were in the UK when I wrote my post.

Have a nice day
    03-09-12 04:59 AM
    Buy a used Bold 9900 or 9790 and wait for the BB10. I wouldn't sign a new contract this close to the release of BB10.
    03-09-12 06:39 AM
    My situation is kinda similar... and I am definitely waiting it out
    03-09-12 10:32 AM
    BB10 is due out towards the end of this year (don't know exactly when yet). But the first device is likely to be a full touch screen, with a slider rumored to be coming closely behind it. No word on when a Bold-style BB10 phone is coming, although we're pretty sure one is in the works. I'd jump on a BB7 device now, as someone suggested off-contract if possible, just in case RIM surprised us with a full QWERTY candybar sooner than we think.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    03-09-12 10:41 AM
    BB10 is due out towards the end of this year (don't know exactly when yet). But the first device is likely to be a full touch screen, with a slider rumored to be coming closely behind it. No word on when a Bold-style BB10 phone is coming, although we're pretty sure one is in the works. I'd jump on a BB7 device now, as someone suggested off-contract if possible, just in case RIM surprised us with a full QWERTY candybar sooner than we think.
    Yeah, exactly. But I thought the rumors were now September for the first BB10 device, right? But still no word on a full-QWERTY device for this year.

BlackBerry 7 is pretty comptetitive with the offerings on the market right now. Many of us bought BB7 devices when BB10 phones were rumored to hit the market late-2011, and I don't think many regretted it. The 9790 looks awesome, as do the 9900 and other BB7 phones. Why not buy outright? That way, you can pick up a BB10 device when they hit.
    daveycrocket likes this.
    03-09-12 11:34 AM
    I would say follow your experience and trust your feelings, all new OS have teething problems so it really is about the length of contract you may have to commit too. Here in the uk we have short and long term contracts, I however bought my 9810 outright. OS 7 will go on and on and on.

Good luck with your choice and whatever you do nice to talk with you.
    I fully agree too, knowledge and experience is what matters most.
    daveycrocket likes this.
    03-09-12 12:58 PM
    Yeah, exactly. But I thought the rumors were now September for the first BB10 device, right? But still no word on a full-QWERTY device for this year.

BlackBerry 7 is pretty comptetitive with the offerings on the market right now. Many of us bought BB7 devices when BB10 phones were rumored to hit the market late-2011, and I don't think many regretted it. The 9790 looks awesome, as do the 9900 and other BB7 phones. Why not buy outright? That way, you can pick up a BB10 device when they hit.
    Yup, September is the closest thing we have to a target date for the first BB10.

And nope, I don't regret jumping on BB7 at all. If I needed now everything that BB10 is supposed to be bringing, I'd most likely be on something else. I have no idea what BB10 is going to look like on a phone, but I do know what BB7 looks like now. And I like it. A lot.
    03-09-12 05:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD