Yesterday I emailed Digitally Imported with an idea for their app and the response I got was:

Interesting idea but would be too technical to achieve.
    We currently do not have any plans to continue development on Blackberry platform.

Bummer. I like their service. Guess I'll be cancelling my subscription once I move to BB10.

I've voiced my disappointment to them. If you use this app and would have like to see BB10 support, email them at [email protected]
    Darlaten likes this.
    11-29-12 02:48 PM
    RIP digitally imported profit growth
    11-29-12 03:05 PM
    have you tried side loading the Android app? You can try asking someone in the PB forum to convert for you if you don't know how.
    11-29-12 03:07 PM
    I know DI is addictive, but I'm not that hooked on it.
    I was hoping they'd take my idea change for bb10 exclusive feature.
    Kinda backfired on me.
    11-29-12 03:21 PM
    I think alot of people have been asking for their support both on their own forums and via twitter; unfortunately, they have announced most definitely that they will not support nor develop anything for BB10. I got a response from them today confirming that they have no interest in BB10 but that they will continue their support for the legacy OS. In fact, they just released an upgrade for OS 6 devices this afternoon.

It's unfortunate that they have chosen to go this route as they play the type of music I like. Thankfully, we have Tunein to use but as another poster said/did, I canceled my renewal subscription and made it clear to them that their lack of support for BB10 is the reason why.
    01-09-13 09:59 PM
    Edit. No sooner than I wrote my last comment, I received a twitter message from them saying thjs: It might be reconsidered if our mobile audience start using BlackBerry devices. It's mostly a dev time/limitation decision.

Guess there's still hope. Maybe if people want it, they should let hhem know and encourage them to support it.
    01-09-13 10:04 PM
    I also noticed on their twitter that they're developing a windows 8 mobile app. I think there's still hope but I think they're approach is wrong. They'll lose customers now because they choose not to develop for bb10. Its going to take a lot for me to reconsider subscribing to their service again.
    01-10-13 08:19 AM
    I also noticed on their twitter that they're developing a windows 8 mobile app. I think there's still hope but I think they're approach is wrong. They'll lose customers now because they choose not to develop for bb10. Its going to take a lot for me to reconsider subscribing to their service again.
    I wonder when they decided to develop the Windows 8 app and if that is the reason they don't have time to develop a BB10 app?
    01-10-13 10:09 AM
    funny because i just got an update of DI on my 9810 ... so i would not say that they are giving up on Blackberry yet.
    01-10-13 10:21 AM
    Not a big deal, the DI Android app sucks too. Their stations are available via many other much better, streaming radio apps.
    01-10-13 10:42 AM
    I wonder when they decided to develop the Windows 8 app and if that is the reason they don't have time to develop a BB10 app?
    I would suspect that your correct in that they don't have the resources to support platforms. The same complaints have been raised against them for delaying an IPad specific app by over a year now; and they pulled plans to support smart TV's last month because their resources were shifting to redoing their website.
    01-10-13 11:18 AM
    have you tried side loading the Android app? You can try asking someone in the PB forum to convert for you if you don't know how.
    it is not working. it will start but it just does not want to stream music. it starts and then stops.i tried couple of versions.

i use winamp to stream digitally imported. weird is that only older version 1.0.3 is working for me. (and it is working extremely well). any other newer version of winamp 1.2x 1.3x 1.4x is just not co-operating with my playbook. if any newer version of winamp is working for you let me know which one it is.
    01-10-13 01:43 PM
    it is not working. it will start but it just does not want to stream music. it starts and then stops.i tried couple of versions.

i use winamp to stream digitally imported. weird is that only older version 1.0.3 is working for me. (and it is working extremely well). any other newer version of winamp 1.2x 1.3x 1.4x is just not co-operating with my playbook. if any newer version of winamp is working for you let me know which one it is.
    While it is missing some features that are available in a dedicated app such as bedside mode/timing functions, DI recently began upgrading its website and now offers it's streams to be played through the Playbook's web browser. You can select whatever station you want to listen to; see what is being played; see what is coming up; and view a station track list going back in time for roughly the the past hour or so. If you are a subscriber, you can also log in and get the higher quality streams. I have been doing this for the past month or so and so far haven't encountered any problems. Paring the Playbook to the BBMusic Gateway and streaming to stereo also works very well.
    01-10-13 02:38 PM
    I suspect Digitially Imported consists of one guy in his parents basement and he has a buddy that knows how to code for iOS and Android. If you suggest anything else, it might be a bit overwhelming!
    01-10-13 04:27 PM
    It pays to not be lazy. I wonder if they realize how little effort it takes to develop for bb10?
    01-10-13 06:56 PM