Hello all, I'm a newb here. Glad to meet everyone.

I'm currently with AllTel awaiting the transition to complete to AT&T. Here's my dilemma..... I don't have anything against AT&T or Verizon but I don't know which carrier to go with because I don't know which phone I want. At this point, I'm eyeing the torch and the storm. If this has been asked already then I do apologize but what are the main differences between the storm and the torch other than the OS? At this point, it seems to me that the torch is nothing more than a storm with both a slide out manual and touch screen keypad. By the way, what is the purpose of the manual keyboard if it already has the on-screen keyboard? Is the onscreen keyboard the same as the storm? Does the torch have the landscape mode keyboard like on the storm or is it just the portrait keyboard? Also, why is it a lot of the reviews I've read from other websites/forums that the general consensus prefers the physical keyboard over the touch screen one? Maybe its just me but even though I like my semi-new 8530 curve over the 8130 pearl I had with it's mutitap keyboard but IMO the keyboard on this phone still has too small of keys to efficiently type on which is why I have my eyes on a full touch screen because of the bigger screen and for the bigger keys on the keyboard. Even though the keypad on my wife's 9630 tour is much nicer than mine, it's keyboard is still way too
    little. Just trying to decide on phones before I have a chance to go to an AT&T store and play with a torch and go to a Verizon store and fiddle with a storm.

Thanks in advance!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-10 04:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD