ive upgraded twice on my 8900 and am looking to upgrade again to another beta os. should i be wiping the phone and starting from scratch? or it that the same process from when u simply upgrade... obviously i will have to back up my data and restore it.. so i was i just wondering what the difference was. and if i am to wipe it.. whats the correct process using bbsak. thanks for the assistance in advance... id appreciate advice asap as id like to upgrade tonight. thanks again
    03-26-10 05:53 PM
    Wiping the device will erase almost everything on the phone. This is good for upgrading to another OS,your phone will then be like new. I'm not quite to sure about bbsak
    03-26-10 05:59 PM
    can u not back up the files.... wipe then load a new a os? any bbsak experts out there?
    03-26-10 06:14 PM
    BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife (BBSAK) and several other utility programs are a user friendly front end to JL_CMDR, a very powerful Sun Java utility.

If you select the option to wipe the OS, everything is erased in preperation for a fresh build.

You can achive exactly same result with Application Loader by de-selecting the options to backup and restore your data and settings. The result is a fresh default build.

If you have a manual backup you can recover your data and settings, but no third party programs.
    03-26-10 06:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD