View Poll Results: Diehard.............or die hard...........

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • BlackBerry will be forever...............

38 88.37%
  • The end is near...........

5 11.63%
    As a BlackBerry lover. What are the thoughts of others of how the future looks for RIM????
    Problems happen. No one and nothing is perfect.
    But what are the "feelings" out there on RIM's/BlackBerry's future????......

Curious.

I have the 9930 Bold, would love to get the PlayBook.............but .....................
    02-01-12 09:43 AM
    Everyone will voice their opinion and speculate on the future of Rim, however no one really knows. Even discussing the possibility of failure creates a negative stigma. Stay positive and optomistic while Keeping in mind nothing is forever.

I would suggest if you "want" a PlayBook then buy one, the 9900/9930 and PlayBook are such an amazing combo.
    cntrydncr223 and Ammunet91 like this.
    02-01-12 09:53 AM
    I have been impressed with the subtle changes that have happened since Hines has taken the reins at RIM. Hopefully, the Board of directors will let him DO the changes he wants.
    02-01-12 10:14 PM
    cute play on words.
    bb forever
    02-01-12 11:10 PM
    I sincerely hope they stay around but I think the days are numbered. I doubt it happens in 2012 but in a couple of years RIM will no longer exist as it is today is my thought. Maybe they get bought, go under, etc.
    02-01-12 11:27 PM
    The BlackBerry World is in flux; if they execute and do it right, and advertise , they'll live to fight another day. Make a poor effort, stick your noses in the air at your customers, people will line up to write on their wall, and it won't be purty.

I'm seeing a trend toward a renewal of enthusiasm on this site, and that bodes well. Enthusiasts love getting some positive attention for a change. I, for one, plan to be here for whatever happens.
    Last edited by BergerKing; 02-01-12 at 11:29 PM. Reason: corrected typo
    02-01-12 11:28 PM
    I am feeling pretty good about how this poll is going. I saw yesterday a news post were BlackBerry 7.0 and 7.1 has gained approval to be used by US and Canadian governmental employees, as well as the PlayBook having achieved that.
    I think that is a piece of good news for RIM and something they should capalize on with privacy becoming a frontview issue.
    I have a 9930 and am thinking about getting the 32g PlayBook. I just may do so in the next couple of days. I am wondering about the right gig size to get. I do have a 32g micro SD in my 9930, so the 32g PlayBook I think would be plenty of memory.
    I hope the trend of reinvention continues for RIM. I had wanted a BlackBerry for years. My first was a Curve 8530, and I was enthralled. The 9930 is proving it self to be just as gratifying, so a win for the PlayBook in my "playbook" seems like a good bet.

Please keep voting.

And RIM, (if your listening) maybe kick up a little customer loyalty program to show that you do appreciate those whom have stayed. Might help grease the wheels and gain more support, hence get everything back on track.
    02-02-12 09:45 AM
    I am still new to Blackberry (9300 and Playbook) but I get the feeling that I have arrived towards the end of the party.

Product and company life cycles are so quick now.
    02-02-12 09:50 AM
    I am still new to Blackberry (9300 and Playbook) but I get the feeling that I have arrived towards the end of the party.

Product and company life cycles are so quick now.
    The party's just getting started.
    Welcome and come on in!
    02-02-12 02:34 PM
    It does seem like the tides are turning to a point for the better. I mean there will always be the haters/naysayers, just no escaping that unfortunately. It does create a stigma of negativity that seems to make its way through here and tech blog sites.

I do feel as it is a make or break year for RIM and BB10 devices better shine.

With that said, I am strongly contemplating a 9900 to hold me over, but I am not most people. I like simplified things and IMHO BB does that, which is a good thing.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
    02-02-12 04:05 PM
    I feel one of these days...sooner than later I will get a letter similar to that which I got from T-Mobile awhile back in regards to my daughters sidekick. It stated that they regret to inform me but as of "said date" the network that provided data for the sidekick will be shutting down indefinitely.... :x . I mean I love my BB but my bbm list is dropping like flies but I will remain with BB.....until they shutdown, lol.
    02-03-12 12:33 AM
    i stick with what works for me as a smart phone. therefore i'll be stay with my blackberry. ive been a blackberry user since 2000. i don't even care that my BBM have dwindled down.
    02-03-12 12:45 AM
    I am confident Rim is back on track finally. It will take a lot of hard work and time but they seem to be in it for the long haul. On another note: BoldtotheMax, Get one you will absolutely love it! I still can't get over mine after 6 months. Its like that shiney new bike you got for xmas when you were a kid.
    02-03-12 03:37 PM
    While RIM is going through a transition period, I do believe that it will bounce back in time and become a strong company again.
    02-06-12 06:04 PM
    The tide will officially turn tomorrow at devcon when they show os2 and bb10
    02-06-12 11:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD