Sony Ericsson was doing that back in 2006 with their BestPic feature on the K800i
    05-04-12 06:44 PM
    This phone very honestly strikes me as rather underwhelming, with an inordinate number of functions that either "me too" or are "Apple 1-ups" that people will not use long term. And too large.
    Last edited by GoRIMGo; 05-04-12 at 07:11 PM.
    05-04-12 06:51 PM
    See... that's the thing. This is why there may be a disconnect between some forumites and the rest of the tech world. To some of us, everything is breathtaking and new... worthy of being stolen. To people on the outside, it's like "And?"

Just a thought
    Well the Scalado thing on BB10 is not on any other mobile device, so in that regard it is indeed "new and breathtaking". The OP was mistaken that Samsung might have stole it, because this is not what their camera does.

What the Samsung camera DOES do, however, has aleady been on the Playbook for a while now. It has an app for that.
    llllBULLSEYE likes this.
    05-04-12 07:07 PM
    OP, are you serious? How could Samsung steal something that isn't even out yet? The SGS3 will be out before a BB10 device.
    05-04-12 07:12 PM
    OP, are you serious? How could Samsung steal something that isn't even out yet? The SGS3 will be out before a BB10 device.
    Part of the "conspiracy."

Mobile post via Tapatalk
    05-04-12 07:14 PM
    Well the Scalado thing on BB10 is not on any other mobile device, so in that regard it is indeed "new and breathtaking". The OP was mistaken that Samsung might have stole it, because this is not what their camera does.

What the Samsung camera DOES do, however, has aleady been on the Playbook for a while now. It has an app for that.
    Maybe no one else wanted to license it? Not sure. What use is a camera functionality to remove crap from the picture. If I wanted a different picture I'd have just taken a different picture. The anti-blink and stuff like that does seem useful, but the whole "remove parts of a photo" is a bit gimicky :P
    05-04-12 08:54 PM
    To answer the topic thread, no they're not copying RIM... Just following a lead down a path that is ultimately better...

RIM has a license deal with Scalado... Would you accuse RIM of copying them or just paying them to integrate their IP...

I hope this doesn't get looked at as a Google/Oracle(Sun really) ordeal...

I can hear the iPhanes already...

edit: This should have been standard on cameras period years ago...
    05-04-12 09:07 PM
    Maybe no one else wanted to license it? Not sure. What use is a camera functionality to remove crap from the picture. If I wanted a different picture I'd have just taken a different picture. The anti-blink and stuff like that does seem useful, but the whole "remove parts of a photo" is a bit gimicky :P
    Didn't see the part where it removes "crap". All I know is the ability to adjust the photo which would come in handy when taking pics of very young children or animals.

I'm also sure you will have the option to not use any of that and just keep snapping pics to your hearts desire. Don't see whats "gimmicky" about having options that could prove helpful.
    05-05-12 08:05 PM
    RIM actually licensed the camera software.
    05-06-12 08:25 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD