Just saw a commercial for the new Samsung Jack. No longer the BlackJack. Anyone have news on this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-09 01:10 AM
    There might be something going on, but as of now, the Jack is currently listed for sale on AT&T's site. I really don't see any legit reason, besides the similar looks, for RIM to even sue Samsung. Maybe I'm missing something and someone can fill me in?
    05-21-09 01:12 AM
    Never when I've heard "Blackjack" did I ever think of Blackberry until I read this thread.

05-21-09 01:22 AM
    With the name and the style of phone, I thought infringement right away. Must be the business guy in me.

05-21-09 01:24 AM
    I saw that commercial too and thought that really looks like a BB. I love samsung TV's and my wife has a samsung behold but if she wanted that phone I would just get her an 8900 instead.

05-21-09 01:48 AM
    I saw that commercial too and thought that really looks like a BB. I love samsung TV's and my wife has a samsung behold but if she wanted that phone I would just get her an 8900 instead.

The Jack is the third generation of the phone. The first two were called the BlackJack and the BlackJack II. Both in the same look as this one. Very Berryesque.

05-21-09 01:54 AM
    05-21-09 01:54 AM
    There might have been some verdict or settlement. But a news search doesn't show anything.

Nevermind that. Bla1ze found it
    05-21-09 02:01 AM
    Thanks, Bla1ze! I figured someone would know. Interesting that it took 3 years for the Jack to appear.

05-21-09 02:04 AM
    they should be a total carbon copy rip off to me
    05-23-09 12:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD