This is bizarre; I hope someone can help me. I lost my phone about 3 days ago in front of a court house, of all places. Within a few hours, I had a message from a lady who said she found my phone and wanted to return it. She left her cell phone # and I called her immediately. She said she'd call me after she got off work at 10 p.m. and I could come & get it. No call. I called the next day & left a message asking her to call me. No call. Called the next day & left a message offering her a reward for the return of my phone - no call. I will call again tomorrow.

I have a few questions: What's the cheapest way to do a reverse lookup on her cell #? I suspended service on the phone, could it be located using GPS? Could the police help with this situation? Could the phone be sold or would it show up as stolen? Anyone have any suggestions/ideas/hope for me?

I am sick and very , ,
    05-10-09 01:14 AM
    call your carrier and have the pin blocked. if she tries to use it/sell it, the new user won't be able to use the email/bbm/etc functions on it

i'm not sure if it works the same on sprint, but on verizon, if you call and tell them your phone is been stolen, i believe the new user will have a very difficult time reactivating it... (and by that i mean i don't think they'd be able to...) if i'm wrong, someone will correct me
    05-10-09 01:26 AM
    I have sprint and if you suspend your account they CAN NOT use your phone. Its not like att or t-mobile there is no sim card. Its a CDMA network. So if you cant use it nobody can. It will come up as lost and they will need to provide them with your account info.
    05-10-09 01:31 AM
    yes what nate said suspend ya service that should have been the first thing done
    05-10-09 01:48 AM
    Well, looks like I did something right. I did suspend service right away so I'll remain hopeful.
    05-10-09 01:56 AM
    then u in the clear lolz
    05-10-09 02:01 AM
    Well, looks like I did something right. I did suspend service right away so I'll remain hopeful.
    Allow me to chime in here- as others have said, having service suspended to that phone was the right thing to do. As an added measure of security, call Sprint and make 100% sure that your account is noted that the phone was stolen.

I've seen "found" phones taken into the store and get activated. I've been with Sprint 10 yrs and have never seen them take a phone that was reported stolen from someone trying to get it activated.

05-10-09 02:14 AM
    Allow me to chime in here- as others have said, having service suspended to that phone was the right thing to do. As an added measure of security, call Sprint and make 100% sure that your account is noted that the phone was stolen.

I've seen "found" phones taken into the store and get activated. I've been with Sprint 10 yrs and have never seen them take a phone that was reported stolen from someone trying to get it activated.

yes i have heard of sprint doing so with phones and not caring
    05-10-09 02:19 AM
    yes i have heard of sprint doing so with phones and not caring
    That would suck.
    05-10-09 02:22 AM
    That would suck.
    yes it would and i hope it doesn't happen to the op
    05-10-09 02:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD