I had a Blackberry Curve 8520 and over time the sensor that replaced the track ball seemed to freeze up from time to time. T-Mobile told me to put the Blackberry stuff on my computer, attach my phone, and update it and that it should fix the issues. It didn't, it actually told me there were no updates available for my phone.

So they told me, with my insurance, I was able to exchange the phone. They overnight shipped me a Blackberry Bold 9780, they said that it was available for the swap instead of just getting another Curve 8520...

So did I make out pretty well on this deal? They said it doesn't effect my contract status or my upgrade in January.

I'm only afraid that if they inspect my old phone, it will work fine at that time. It only acted up sometimes, which I told them. How much do you think they will look into it? Or do you think I'm good to go?
    08-07-11 09:32 AM
    They don't look at the phones except for physical damage and sometimes not even that. Once you get authorization to get a phone they are shipped to a company that rebuilds the device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-11 10:34 AM
    Well the 8520 doesn't have a Trackball....
    If you have insurance on your phone and you have had it replaced they aren't going to look at it. The insurance covers even if you lose your phone you technically do not even have to give them your old phone.
    08-07-11 01:52 PM
    Nice! Although, if you were paying for insurance then you deserve the upgrade and it wasn't a 'deal'. Enjoy the 9780 and then get an upgrade when you qualify. Good for you! That's why you purchase insurance, right?
    08-07-11 02:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD