I was trying to clean the trackball, because it wouldn't scroll up. So I got a damp paper towel and put it on and scrolled around ( I regret it soo much ) then I used the "blow away" compressed air on it. Then 2 minutes later I went to unlock it, and evrytime I would press a key, it would type like 5 things out instead of 1. Now when ever I try to press the trackball down "click" it doesnt work? :|
    Last edited by speedy_g99; 01-19-10 at 01:23 AM.
    01-19-10 01:20 AM
    Have you tried good old fashioned battery pull? I would let it dry out and try that. I doubt very much it is damaged from what you have done. Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-10 02:23 AM
    How damp was the towel? Unless it was really, really wet (like dripping) there shouldn't be a water issue. But definitely try andi's solution. For future cleaning references, stick to the paper trick, or a bit of alcohol and cloth. Good luck!
    01-19-10 02:30 AM
    I agree with the suggestions about the battery pull , and doubt you damaged it unless as mentioned the paper towel was soaking wet(which from you post doesn't sound if as it was) .Post back if that fixed it tho I am curious as to if it did
    01-19-10 06:00 AM
    Yeah, I forgot to put that after all of that I took the battery out and stuck everything in a bowl of rice for two hours, turned it on, it worked fine, but the traxkball didn't click?
    01-19-10 11:22 AM
    so i got it replaced today, hopefully they dont charge me :S
    01-26-10 04:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD