It seems to me that 10.3 is pure garbage. My phone (Z30) hasn't worked properly since the update. By chance? I think not! I can't even go to YouTube ap and minimize it so it plays music while I use other aps. BlackBerry is now a software company company that puts out $#:$/#/-up OS updates? Ridiculous....

Posted via CB10
    First off, did you try a clean install? I had issues, wiped the phone (after backing up apps and such). Then poof all was right with the world.
    04-11-17 08:09 AM
    I ain't pin pointing. But your response to many of the posts looks like, all the problem is due to person who installs it, Not a problem from bb side.

Oh...and ya...I wonder why they remove "BB-->BlackBerry" from their word substitution dictionary. I noticed it only in 10.3.3

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.3.2163
    If it was a problem from the BlackBerry side, then every device would have the same problems.

That's kind of how these things work.

Joel
    04-11-17 08:47 AM
    If it was a problem from the BlackBerry side, then every device would have the same problems.

That's kind of how these things work.

Joel
    So u want to pass it to the user?

04-11-17 09:13 AM
    If they had intentions to do such a thing it would actually require BB10 developers to actually do anything to it. They don't have any BB10 developers
    jope28 likes this.
    04-11-17 09:21 AM
    Can I ask if those who are reporting no issues regularly use the native music app to listen to music and hear no "skipping" during the music, no issues with playback at all?
    04-11-17 09:49 AM
    Can I ask if those who are reporting no issues regularly use the native music app to listen to music and hear no "skipping" during the music, no issues with playback at all?
    No skipping whatsoever on my Z10 running 10.3.3.2205.
    04-11-17 10:04 AM
    No skipping, neither with Q10 nor the Z30.

Via Pasta CB10
    04-11-17 10:20 AM
    Does microsoft destroy windows with their updates.....YES it can happen.

Sent from one of my SE Passports using BB10 superior software.
    04-11-17 10:50 AM
    Correction - Can I ask if those who are reporting no issues regularly use the native music app to listen to music and hear no "skipping" during the music, no issues with playback at all on their BB Classic phone?
    04-11-17 03:24 PM
    There were reported problems for almost all the OS releases. And I don't remember every time bb acknowledging those.

You never had problems. Maybe you never used BB10 regularly. You just update your BB10 stock and then keep it away.

I used autoloader in my passport already 5 times with no recovery. That too different autoloaders thinking it can make a difference. I even made one myself to try to be really sure. I did my friends leap with autoloader. I did my gf's z30 with autoloader. All the 3 with no recovery. In my pp and gf's z30, no single android apps. Still all the 3 has problems almost on a daily basis. Sometime hang, sometime no ringtone, no sound out when playing music, calls not going through, camera getting stuck, flickering(no face10) browser crash(most often), network issues. These are the few to name!

I had a Z10 from February 2013, then a z30 and later two passports. I still use the z30 and the two passports. Never used other phones.
    I never had to reload the OS on any of these phones since February 2013.
    But I don't use android apps, except three android ports from bbw: ghost commander, kobo and 7 digital.
    So, yes, there are some who have not experienced any major issues after any bb10 updates for 4 years.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-17 09:18 PM
    I use that youtube minimize feature so much. Playing music while doing other things and now it must stay open and screen on. Sucks. Biggest thing I miss.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-17 01:10 AM
    I use that youtube minimize feature so much. Playing music while doing other things and now it must stay open and screen on. Sucks. Biggest thing I miss.

Posted via CB10
    You can use the Super Tube app to do that as well.

I haven't gotten the update to my AT&T Passport (maybe because I'm not using it with an AT&T SIM), but svcks to hear that they neutered the browser.
    I might just have to use an autoloader but haven't bothered to since I don't have any issues now.

PassportSQW100-3/10.3.2.2876
    04-12-17 02:28 AM

Posted via CB10
    This is just not true. Playing in background still works. Actually I'm listening to some music on YouTube while typing this. Log out of YouTube and clear your cache and cookies, done.

Via Pasta CB10
    04-12-17 06:02 AM

Posted via CB10
    I'm having the same problem after this update. I used to minimize while playing youtube videos not anymore, screen on while it's killing my battery. My Z30 is almost useless now. Freezes 2-3 times a day and have to restart, its sluggish and more Android apps stopped working. Can't rotate screen either, this feature stopped working as well. This update pretty much made my Z30 useless. My wife didn't do the update on her Z30 and her phone works like mine used to before the update, Flawless!

I know many Z30 users who are having the same problems as me, it isn't just us.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-17 06:57 AM
    Reload the OS using an Autoloader.....
    Do not restore any data, start over....

"most" problems will go away. If not, take this time to say goodbye, and move on.
    05-02-17 07:16 AM
    I had major problems with my z30 after the update, I was able to fix it with an auto loader and now it works better than it ever has along with the battery life being very noticeable better.
    What's bad is the fact that blackberry knows there was a issues with the update and yet offers no help to fix it. Basically saying sorry about you're luck.
    Sure it can fixed with an auto loader but the reality is you shouldn't have to and not everyone has the knowledge or time to try and figure out how to do it, so ya I can see how it would leave a bad taste in a lot of costumers mouths.
    Then blackberry expects you to go out and buy another one of their phones after they left you hanging and they can't figure out why their phones continue to sell in lackluster numbers.
    I use my z30 for my store line now that I was able to fix it, but it's just for phone calls and texting costumers.

After years of laughing at other people for using an iPhone for my personal phone I'm using an iPhone 6s like most people say it just works. I'm not really a fan of the os but it's reliable it receives regular software updates if theirs any bugs Apple is all over it getting an update out to fix it.

I'm over tinkering with phones buying the latest and greatest while yes it peaks my interest bottom line I need a phone that works.
    I still can't believe I'm using an iPhone but you know what it works and that's what I need in a phone.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    05-02-17 07:39 AM
    I had major problems with my z30 after the update, I was able to fix it with an auto loader and now it works better than it ever has along with the battery life being very noticeable better.
    What's bad is the fact that blackberry knows there was a issues with the update and yet offers no help to fix it. Basically saying sorry about you're luck.
    Sure it can fixed with an auto loader but the reality is you shouldn't have to and not everyone has the knowledge or time to try and figure out how to do it, so ya I can see how it would leave a bad taste in a lot of costumers mouths.
    Then blackberry expects you to go out and buy another one of their phones after they left you hanging and they can't figure out why their phones continue to sell in lackluster numbers.
    I use my z30 for my store line now that I was able to fix it, but it's just for phone calls and texting costumers.

After years of laughing at other people for using an iPhone for my personal phone I'm using an iPhone 6s like most people say it just works. I'm not really a fan of the os but it's reliable it receives regular software updates if theirs any bugs Apple is all over it getting an update out to fix it.

I'm over tinkering with phones buying the latest and greatest while yes it peaks my interest bottom line I need a phone that works.
    I still can't believe I'm using an iPhone but you know what it works and that's what I need in a phone.
    What you have written is a perfect example of how BlackBerry has lost millions of customers. It baffles me how some people can be so blind to the reality of a situation and how utterly poor and inadequate it is... just because they personally possess the technical knowledge and skill to fix it. But I suppose for an IT administrator type of person it is in their best interest, just like BlackBerry, to sweep blunders like this under the rug as quickly as possible...Lol.
    05-02-17 09:02 AM
    Go SF Giants! (sorry this was supposed to follow a little Los Angeles banter above)

Via the Cobalt Classic
    05-02-17 09:44 AM
    What you have written is a perfect example of how BlackBerry has lost millions of customers. It baffles me how some people can be so blind to the reality of a situation and how utterly poor and inadequate it is... just because they personally possess the technical knowledge and skill to fix it. But I suppose for an IT administrator type of person it is in their best interest, just like BlackBerry, to sweep blunders like this under the rug as quickly as possible...Lol.
    BB10 hasn't been in development since 2014, and BB has left the handset business. Clearly they don't care whether or not they've lost smartphone customers - they're not even in that business anymore. The fact is that BB isn't in any position to do the things you want them to do. They don't have BB10 developers to do it, and they're not going to spend any more money on BB10 than they absolutely have to. They already lost many billions of dollars on BB10, and spending more money would not generate any additional revenue, much less profit.

That's the reality of the situation, and it isn't going to improve - if anything, it will only continue to get worse as standards move forward and BB10 phones don't. Smartphones are a fast-moving technology in all kinds of areas, and if your platform isn't being actively developed, it will be left behind. That's BB10 in a nutshell.

Use BB10 as long as it still works for you, but know that at some point, it's not going to work for you anymore and you'll have to move on. Everyone will have a different breaking point, and some will stay with BB10 longer than others, but these devices simply won't last forever.
    05-02-17 10:22 AM
    BB10 hasn't been in development since 2014, and BB has left the handset business. Clearly they don't care whether or not they've lost smartphone customers - they're not even in that business anymore. The fact is that BB isn't in any position to do the things you want them to do. They don't have BB10 developers to do it, and they're not going to spend any more money on BB10 than they absolutely have to. They already lost many billions of dollars on BB10, and spending more money would not generate any additional revenue, much less profit.

That's the reality of the situation, and it isn't going to improve - if anything, it will only continue to get worse as standards move forward and BB10 phones don't. Smartphones are a fast-moving technology in all kinds of areas, and if your platform isn't being actively developed, it will be left behind. That's BB10 in a nutshell.

Use BB10 as long as it still works for you, but know that at some point, it's not going to work for you anymore and you'll have to move on. Everyone will have a different breaking point, and some will stay with BB10 longer than others, but these devices simply won't last forever.
    So do you want to say no correction update is coming from bb?

05-02-17 10:33 AM
    I have several BB10 devices that I actively use.

I had to load 10.3.3.2205 a second time using an autoloader on two Z30s due to the setting screen going blank.

Apart from that, no issues. I can only report what I experience.
    I had an uneventful OTA upgrade on my Z10, but I was running only programs that came with the OS or were downloaded from BlackBerry World. No APKs/sideloads/developer settings/etc.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    05-02-17 10:42 AM
    Don't listen to him, he's already made it quite clear, he's Anti BB10.
    And yes there is an update coming, BB10.3.4, but as for a correction, BlackBerry obviously knows there's major issues with its latest OS update, and I would assume they are working on a fix. They still have Millions of customers using BB10, and many of them are Enterprise & Government.

By BlackBerry not fixing there update mess, they are essentially telling people to not buy there products, regardless of OS, because we don't care about you anymore. For being a software driven company, they do a C R A P job with, you guessed it SOFTWARE.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    05-02-17 11:21 AM

Ummmm...except no one is talking about development. This is a customer support issue. And yeah, if you're the IT guy who bought a fleet of BlackBerry devices for your company what options do you have? Get the phones working or you're fired. BlackBerry does not believe it owes any such commitment to its consumer customers and obviously is hanging them out to dry. And for corporate accounts...let the IT guy fiddle with Autoloaders so he can save his neck and some dignity. That is not an acceptable thing for any company to do. Who cares if BB10 development supposedly ended in 2014 when in 2017 you could still buy a BB10 device, directly from BlackBerry, under warranty? Your attitude in this regard is simply laughable.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    05-02-17 11:57 AM
    Anyone buying a BB10 phone in 2017 - heck, in 2015 - is well aware of BB10's situation. You had to work too hard to buy one, and those outside of the greater Toronto area have likely never seen another one in the wild.

BB10 phones have been sold at closeout prices for over a year, and most people are fully aware that a tech product, by its very nature, has a limited life span.

BB will support your 1-year warranty, but that support is very likely to consist of advice to "use an autoloader". Since that seems to work consistently, there is no real reason to do more. Again, they have left the smartphone market, so it isn't like they're worried about retaining you as a customer.

As of the most recent quarterly report, BB is down to 16M active devices worldwide, with most being in Indonesia and South Africa, and most being BBOS. That's a loss rate of about 2M per quarter. BB isn't stressing about it - they long ago accepted that it was inevitable. Thus the move to Android.

Believing that BB owes you anything more - and certainly believing you'll get it - is just setting yourself up for disappointment and generating false hope for others.
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    05-02-17 02:08 PM
    Oh, and if you're the IT guy who bought BB10 in 2013 or 2014, you almost certainly have a plan well underway to migrate to a supported platform. If you bought after 2014, then you probably should be held responsible for such a short-sighted decision. But there weren't many companies buying BB10 after 2014 in any case.
    05-02-17 02:12 PM
90 1234