Noted and understood. Good one.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-17 06:31 PM
    It's not quite that straightforward. Those who relied on carrier updates weren't quite as fortunate. The ART debacle dragged on for much longer than one month. And who could argue BlackBerry's timing with that 'update' was not absolutely impeccable? Lol.
    An OS update was not required.

The patch was issued via BBW.

Priv launch was November. This problem didn't become an issue, officially, until mid January.
    04-09-17 06:32 PM
    Did everyone's BB10 phone get destroyed, and I somehow missed that?
    I'll answer your question with a question. Are you really from LA or are you one of those people from the valley?

Posted via CB10
    04-09-17 06:34 PM
    I'll answer your question with a question. Are you really from LA or are you one of those people from the valley?

Posted via CB10
    Soto St.
    04-09-17 07:27 PM
    Announced what?

Joel
    That there are so many users affected with the software update!

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.3.2163
    04-09-17 08:28 PM

Priv launch was November. This problem didn't become an issue, officially, until mid January.
    Totally forgot about that, lol! Even the 'fix' was far more confusing and weirder than usual. Gee whiz...what the heck were they thinking?
    04-09-17 08:37 PM
    It seems to me that 10.3 is pure garbage. My phone (Z30) hasn't worked properly since the update. By chance? I think not! I can't even go to YouTube ap and minimize it so it plays music while I use other aps. BlackBerry is now a software company company that puts out $#:$/#/-up OS updates? Ridiculous....

Posted via CB10
    Well OP, maybe you haven't been lucky. And BB isn't probably doing it on "purpose". But one thing for sure is that they are purposely not supporting BB10 actively
    04-09-17 08:49 PM
    Soto St.
    Baldwin Hills. Say no to Eastside Westside beef! Lol

Posted via CB10
    04-09-17 09:58 PM
    It seems to me that 10.3 is pure garbage. My phone (Z30) hasn't worked properly since the update. By chance? I think not! I can't even go to YouTube ap and minimize it so it plays music while I use other aps. BlackBerry is now a software company company that puts out $#:$/#/-up OS updates? Ridiculous....

Posted via CB10
    So is the only issue with the update YouTube background playback?

I thought BlackBerry users were too busy 'getting it done' to have time for YouTube.
    04-09-17 11:54 PM
    I believe it's referred to as planned obsolescence.

Posted via CB10
    The lifetime of things like eMMC and lithium batteries are relatively short anyway. Of course you can always cheat the smartphone companies out of their cash my buying something midrange, such as a premium device from a few years ago.

Xiaomi mi 4 for example, is pretty similar spec wise to the KEYone, and you can get that cheap as chips online.
    04-10-17 01:52 AM
    Posted via CB10
    04-10-17 02:57 AM
    Bbb link doesnt work BlackBerry maps doesnt work on pp se

Posted via CB10
    04-10-17 03:59 AM
    Bbb link doesnt work BlackBerry maps doesnt work on pp se

Posted via CB10
    Both work fine for me.
    04-10-17 06:52 AM
    "Did BlackBerry purposely destroy BB10 with 10.3 update?"

Purposefully? Highly doubt it, but the lack of fixes and minimal maintenance is really killing the OS which is a shame.
    04-10-17 09:57 PM
    So is the only issue with the update YouTube background playback?

I thought BlackBerry users were too busy 'getting it done' to have time for YouTube.
    That's why they listen to it in the background while doing real work editing files and emails...

Posted via CB10
    04-10-17 10:34 PM
    They know 10.3.3 needs a followup for bug fixes but there wouldn't be any more updates. So yes its purposeful.

love your curVes and all your edges all your peRfEct imPerfections
    04-10-17 11:09 PM
    They know 10.3.3 needs a followup for bug fixes but there wouldn't be any more updates. So yes its purposeful.
    Not exactly.

BlackBerry noted that there were REPORTS of some users having issues.

They may very well have concluded that the OS was fine.

Generally a clean install solves most issues (as per normal).
    04-10-17 11:13 PM

Posted via CB10
    I strongly recommend, as others here have suggested, doing a secure wipe and restore. 10.3.3 works fine for me on my devices.
    04-11-17 02:04 AM
    OS updates cause quirks for relatively small numbers of users all the time across the board. (with larger scale issues being rare)
    While Apple has solid QA, there is always a bug or two around and it's unrealistic to try all possible scenarios, Google had a weird OS upgrade/downgrade thing with the Nexus 6P recently I think, etc.

When Windows Phone 8.1 went live, while it was ultimately very reliable overall, there was no shortage of battery life and quirkiness complaints in the forums. Hard resets were prescribed all around. Same with Windows 10 Mobile, although it was perhaps less reliable inherently.

Just the nature of human-made code and limited resources and all. I imagine this is just bad luck for you in this case unless proven to be common among all comparable Q10 variants.
    04-11-17 02:17 AM

Posted via CB10
    Do not know if I would agree to "pure garbage". I do agree, at least for me, there have been, in addition to the horrible UI and other decisions such as no longer being able to take pictures by touching the screen, a number of issues. Note, I have installed the 10.3.XXX on two brand new, unused Q's. Issues such as slow internet, much faster battery drain, now very very slow internet tethering and hotspot, etc.

However, the phone(s) still work.

I just think there is not enough attention, lacking in resources, etc. Nothing new since, what, 2014 when the warnings were coming that maybe, perhaps, give up and go quietly into the night announcements were made by Mr. Chen. It seems likely, at best, the absolute minimum, is being done.
    04-11-17 03:32 AM

Posted via CB10

Follow conites advice and you can't lose.
    Of course, you can't ignore the "Exception to the Rules" rule.. for example, as I'm typing this, there are about 7,000 people from around the world, on this website, right now and hundreds who have Z30's and are running the exact same software that you are and are lovin' every bit of it.
    ANyway, it's just my opinion that it's not the phone and it's not the software. But, it's a not my intention or place to point fingers, either. I'm just sharing an observation.

And let's say you ARE the "exception to the rule," By your own standards ....You'll have the best compost on the entire block.
    04-11-17 06:01 AM

So, the blame should go to the "Issues and Problems" department for initially missing what should have been a much soon official date.

It wouldn't surprise me if they were related to the Official Release Date Department.
    04-11-17 06:36 AM
    They didn't announce that there were problems - they announced that some users reported problems when updating. Those are two very different things.

Nor does it change my experience on all of my devices. I simply reported that.

I personally believe that most of the reported issues with 10.3.3.2205 are more related to the update process as opposed to the OS itself. Which is why a clean install solves most people's problems.

DTEK60 / Z30
    There were reported problems for almost all the OS releases. And I don't remember every time bb acknowledging those.

You never had problems. Maybe you never used BB10 regularly. You just update your BB10 stock and then keep it away.

I used autoloader in my passport already 5 times with no recovery. That too different autoloaders thinking it can make a difference. I even made one myself to try to be really sure. I did my friends leap with autoloader. I did my gf's z30 with autoloader. All the 3 with no recovery. In my pp and gf's z30, no single android apps. Still all the 3 has problems almost on a daily basis. Sometime hang, sometime no ringtone, no sound out when playing music, calls not going through, camera getting stuck, flickering(no face10) browser crash(most often), network issues. These are the few to name!

04-11-17 07:48 AM
    There were reported problems for almost all the OS releases. And I don't remember every time bb acknowledging those.

You never had problems. Maybe you never used BB10 regularly. You just update in your BB10 and then keep it away.

I used autoloader in my passport already 5 times with no recovery. I did my friends leap with autoloader. I did my gf's z30 with autoloader. All the 3 with no recovery. In my pp and gf's z30, no single android apps. Still all the 3 has problems on a daily basis. Sometime hang, sometime no ringtone, no sound out when playing music, calls not going through, camera getting stuck, flickering(no face10) browser crash(most often), network issues. These are the few to name!

I have several BB10 devices that I actively use.

I had to load 10.3.3.2205 a second time using an autoloader on two Z30s due to the setting screen going blank.

Apart from that, no issues. I can only report what I experience.
    04-11-17 07:55 AM
    I have several BB10 devices that I actively use.

I had to load 10.3.3.2205 a second time using an autoloader on two Z30s due to the setting screen going blank.

Apart from that, no issues. I can only report what I experience.
    I ain't pin pointing. But your response to many of the posts looks like, all the problem is due to person who installs it, Not a problem from bb side.

Oh...and ya...I wonder why they remove "BB-->BlackBerry" from their word substitution dictionary. I noticed it only in 10.3.3

04-11-17 07:58 AM
90 1234