Hi everyone, 1st time user here.

I am just going to think out loud here, so I hope I don't bore you all.

I have always used either a Nokia or Android device, until four months ago. My HTC stopped working and that lead to my dear mum allowing me to borrow her BB Bold 9700. I am starting to believe that the simple event of becoming a BB user, has set me on the path to a new era of success in my professional life.

I own a small business that has been running at a level that is below what would call 'successful'. I will take some of the blame for this, but the UK economy can take the rest (my business is in the construction industry). Due to the lack of success, I had become distanced from my goals and found myself floating with the current. Then came the BB....

The first few days were admittedly spent missing my Android. Then came the spelling mistakes. But after this, I became interested in exploring the device and all its features. The keyboard shortcuts, the one-button delete, the super quick emails and many other things began to make me think that this supposedly 'ancient' handset, was actually pure brilliance. All this was before I had even picked up typing speed, and once that came....I was in love! Of all the features that I used, the most productive and frequent, was the simple memo. I began to create memos for all of my thoughts, ideas, to-do lists and mainly because I enjoyed using the physical keys to type. Then the memo that kept growing was titled "business 2.0". This memo began to house all my ideas centered around new business avenues that I would like to explore. Fast forward two months and I am on the brink of making one of these ideas come to life! I have a solid business plan approved and last night, confirmed my first investor. Things look like they are moving along very nicely indeed.

I started to wonder what had changed in my life. Was it BB?

In the next week, I will receive my Q10....

Thanks.
    07-27-13 04:01 PM
    Welcome to the forums!

This was one interesting read. o.0

I wonder if you could become Ad material!
    07-27-13 04:03 PM
    Welcome to the forums. Thanks for sharing your story. Best of luck with the business venture. Planning, planning, and more planning are part of the key to success these days. BlackBerry can help with that process.

Via CB10. Bits, C000C6078 for links to science and technology posts and world news.
    07-27-13 04:22 PM
    Just awesome man.Well said because me too i am a first time user of a smart phone and the BB Z10 rocks my world.

BB Z10 rocks.
    07-27-13 04:22 PM
    I enjoyed your post. I hope your new business venture is a huge success. I also recall some vivid moments with my 8520 Curve. Actually, there's a lot of life altering moments with my later BB devices as well, come to think of it... The smartphone is so much part of our modern lives.
    07-27-13 04:32 PM
    Great!!!

Posted via CB10
    07-27-13 04:44 PM
    I know that my current Z and previous BlackBerry devices always kept me organized and highly productive. BlackBerrys are known as work horses for good reasons. Anyone who has been around me for a short while notices immediately how much my smartphone aids me in my tasks. Congrats!

Curve 8320, Bold 9780, Bold 9900, PB 64gb, Z10
    07-27-13 07:26 PM
    Congratulations in rising from a fall to continue striving to create and achieve. BlackBerry helped, but it was your dream turned into a vision which now is entering reality which is making the difference in your life. Thanks for sharing.

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    07-27-13 07:38 PM
    Thanks for the replies guys. I downloaded the CrackBerry app last night and have been absorbing your world...awesome.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    07-28-13 02:12 AM
    Love the story and wish you the best of luck!

Any time you need a helping hand with anything, we're always here!
    serbanescu likes this.
    07-28-13 02:23 AM
    Good luck with your future endeavors!! Cool story and I think it's great you can stay positive!
    07-28-13 04:48 AM