Noticed on my FB feed, BB quoting this article from BGR and mentioning Zach Epstein by name..... (for those not in the know, BGR and its cronies are notorious for declaring BB as dead, and virtually every article has negative references to the brand)

BlackBerry Vs Android Vs iPhone: How to switch to BlackBerry 10 | BGR

Remarkably, the article didn't contain any negativity or snarky remarks the typical BGR writer spews out... (ex. BB is dead, why would anybody want to switch? etc. etc.)

Then, when cruising BGR, I noticed a "sponsored ad" from BB for the "new BBM" prominently placed.

I guess money talks.......
    11-13-14 05:22 AM
    Noticed on my FB feed, BB quoting this article from BGR and mentioning Zach Epstein by name..... (for those not in the know, BGR and its cronies are notorious for declaring BB as dead, and virtually every article has negative references to the brand)

BlackBerry Vs Android Vs iPhone: How to switch to BlackBerry 10 | BGR

Remarkably, the article didn't contain any negativity or snarky remarks the typical BGR writer spews out... (ex. BB is dead, why would anybody want to switch? etc. etc.)

Then, when cruising BGR, I noticed a "sponsored ad" from BB for the "new BBM" prominently placed.

I guess money talks.......
    Maybe because it's not cool anymore to bash BlackBerry.
    The new cool is posting positive BlackBerry things..
    11-13-14 05:31 AM
    Money does certainly talk and when blackberry finally decides to put marketing and decent commercials together on regularly scheduled programming we'll see some sales.

Posted via unlocked PASSPORT
    keepit dry and anon(8908445) like this.
    11-13-14 05:31 AM
    Maybe because it's not cool anymore to bash BlackBerry.
    The new cool is posting positive BlackBerry things..
    Yes, and there's been so much negativity about anything and everything that a positive outlook on something like blackberry is surely refreshing. Positivity sure can bring light to our lives. Not talking about blackberry, just in general.

11-13-14 05:33 AM
    Do badly, and the media will jump on you. Do well, and praise generally follows.

Those ads OP saw? Probably generated by his/her browsing habits.
    reeneebob likes this.
    11-13-14 06:24 AM
    Zach has been the one voice there that still throws BlackBerry a bone. Gellar is the venom slinger. I don't go to the site because the only thing working there are little, whiny boys, not geniuses.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 06:33 AM
    They can no longer say that BlackBerry is dead without losing serious credibility. BlackBerry is not only alive, but about to start its march back to profitability.

They haven't turned the page... they're just out of excuses to declare BlackBerry vanquished.

CB10 for BlackBerry 10: Z10 on Bell
    11-13-14 06:37 AM
    They can no longer say that BlackBerry is dead without losing serious credibility. BlackBerry is not only alive, but about to start its march back to profitability.

They haven't turned the page... they're just out of excuses to declare BlackBerry vanquished.

CB10 for BlackBerry 10: Z10 on Bell
    I think you're jumping the gun with that statement. Blackberry is still easily a target to be bashed, they've just chosen not to bash them probably because of money.
    mnc76 and MikeX74 like this.
    11-13-14 08:07 AM
    Next year will be 5 yrs since that Geller made huge statements about BlackBerry will be dead in 5 years.

Posted via CB10
    anon(8908445) likes this.
    11-13-14 10:45 PM
    I think BGR is not worth the time for me to read any articles in there. Every news is always one sided and all the comments are the battle between trolls and BlackBerry die hard

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 02:08 AM
    BGR is shameless click-bait. Facebook even banned "Shares" from companies if they had the same classic "click-bait" titles such as

"You won't believe the amazing thing *company x* put in *software y*"

"This is the mind-blowing reason that.... "

"Wait til you hear what *company x* is planning for *software update x*"

Etc...

Sound familiar? BGR uses these cheap tactics all the time.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 06:44 AM
    Yes, BGR is mostly click-bait and flame-bait, but I have noticed their tone has softened somewhat toward BlackBerry.

We can only speculate why, but it's nice to see.

Posted from the original Zed (Z10)
    11-14-14 07:49 AM
    Yes, BGR is mostly click-bait and flame-bait, but I have noticed their tone has softened somewhat toward BlackBerry.

We can only speculate why, but it's nice to see.

Posted from the original Zed (Z10)
    It's just the trend for all the tech bloggers right now. BlackBerry is framing itself as an enterprise heavy company, so you sound kinda dumb as a tech writer saying they suck because they don't have the latest social fad app.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 07:54 AM
    It's just the trend for all the tech bloggers right now. BlackBerry is framing itself as an enterprise heavy company, so you sound kinda dumb as a tech writer saying they suck because they don't have the latest social fad app.

Posted via CB10
    Good point. Blackberry ducks because it doesn't have flapping bird or bubble crush. Whatever those silly games are called. Can't judge a phone for not having top games when it wasn't made for that market.

11-14-14 08:13 AM
    Good point. Blackberry ducks because it doesn't have flapping bird or bubble crush. Whatever those silly games are called. Can't judge a phone for not having top games when it wasn't made for that market.

Well, it's not that it wasn't made for that market. It certainly has the capability of playing games if they were developed for it. The important part is that it's not being actively sold to that market.

Posted via CB10
    shaleem likes this.
    11-14-14 08:21 AM
    Well, it's not that it wasn't made for that market. It certainly has the capability of playing games if they were developed for it. The important part is that it's not being actively sold to that market.

Posted via CB10
    Teenagers, that's all that I mean. Blackberry isn't targeting them. They make their phone capable for such apps but their main focus is far from that.

11-14-14 08:23 AM

The "silly" games do spur development of business apps.
    11-14-14 09:17 AM
    The "silly" games do spur development of business apps.
    I wouldn't say that they spur development. Both take place independently due to the presence of a user base.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 01:44 PM
    I wouldn't say that they spur development. Both take place independently due to the presence of a user base.

Posted via CB10
    Looking at Android, I'd say the games definitely spurred business app development. Indirectly, the games (plus Google apps) helped build numbers that utility developers simply couldn't/can't ignore.
    11-14-14 02:37 PM
    BGR's way to get hit points on the Web? BGR has always been an Apple marketing arm. But maybe this time they have less visitors in the website so taking advantage of the BlackBerry sudden emergence from its silence is a good way to increase BGR visitors?
    11-14-14 03:39 PM
    **** bgr. Geller is a nerd in serious need of a wedgie. Like if I ever run into that guy im giving him a wedgie.

Posted via R115-Aramis.
    11-14-14 04:47 PM
    Did BGR and BB kiss and make up?-img_20141114_144808.png
    After all the years of bgr insulting BlackBerry, giving biased reviews and spewing misinformation about the company and now that they are getting sponsored by the company again I love how they think they can get away with acting like they never declared BlackBerry dead for years...makes me so mad..

Posted via R115-Aramis.
    11-14-14 04:53 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141114_144808.png 
Views:	86 
Size:	229.6 KB 
ID:	314417
    After all the years of bgr insulting BlackBerry, giving biased reviews and spewing misinformation about the company and now that they are getting sponsored by the company again I love how they think they can get away with acting like they never declared BlackBerry dead for years...makes me so mad..

Posted via R115-Aramis.
    I don't think they are sponsored by BBRY.

ETA: Ah... I see the sponsored post. Sponsored posts do not necessarily indicate "site sponsorship" though.

Clearly, BBRY isn't as upset as some if its patrons...
    Rello likes this.
    11-14-14 04:58 PM