is there a way to dial straight into somebody's voicemail without their phone even ringing....i have heard of a couple of different things, all unsuccesful. does it maybe depend on the carrier of both caller and call reciever?....any input is appreciated, thanks
    07-24-08 11:03 AM
    Try Sly Dial.

Welcome – slydial

It's free and can call into any carrier's VM from any mobile or landline phone.
    07-24-08 11:18 AM
    ^^ Now that is slick, or should I say Sly ^^

Wow, seems cool!
    07-24-08 11:21 AM
    Try Sly Dial.

Welcome � slydial

Wow! thats too slick!
    07-24-08 11:24 AM
    i tried it but i get a busy signal? i wonder if there are to many CrackHeads trying to call the numbers lol
    07-24-08 11:30 AM
    that is very nice.....thank you...is anybody aware of any other way to do this?
    07-24-08 12:22 PM
    When I listen to my voicemail. Option 1 is to listen to my voicemail. Option 2 is to send a voicemail. Record your message and then punch in the number and send.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-08 12:34 PM
    But you can only send a VM to another at&t subscriber that way.

With Sly Dial you can send a VM to any carrier.

And this is my favorite reasoning for using the service!

You desperately need to call your girlfriend but she is a talker and you don't want to spend an hour on the phone with her because you would much rather watch the game with your buddies. Leave her a sweet voicemail and get a hall pass for the night.
    07-24-08 04:08 PM
    sweet application. thx
    07-24-08 05:21 PM
    When I listen to my voicemail. Option 1 is to listen to my voicemail. Option 2 is to send a voicemail. Record your message and then punch in the number and send.

That is what i use....
    07-24-08 05:24 PM

This is what I was going to say-your VM gives you the option to send a VM directly
    07-24-08 05:28 PM

This method works if you are sending a message to someone who is on the same carrier as you, ie ATT to ATT or Sprint to Sprint. It will not work across carriers.

Using Slydial to call my BB 8800 (AT&T), the 8800 vibrates but does not go to ring tone (so the incoming call notifier is shortened but not eliminated). It also flashes the incoming call screen with caller ID for less than a second and then goes immediately to the missed call screen -- so it is not completely without being apparent to the callee. But it does then go immediately to voicemail, and gives a voice prompt that (callee) is on the phone. It is still a neat service though.

When calling my BB 8330 Curve (Sprint) it behaves the same way -- brief vibrate but no ring, quick flash of incoming call screen with caller ID for less than a second, then immediately to voicemail.

I tried calling my landlines as well -- note that my landlines are Vonage VoIP not a copper carrier. For one of the lines it worked just like a normal incoming call -- ring and all. For the other number Slydial gave a message to "please call a regular mobile phone line. Slydial will not work with a prepaid cellphone."
    07-24-08 06:28 PM
    good app!!
    07-24-08 06:40 PM
    Yeah, great application. Who's going to be the first to use it to call in sick?

07-24-08 07:05 PM
    Try Sly Dial.

Welcome � slydial

Just tried it. It works! Thank you.
    07-24-08 07:51 PM
    Glad to be of assistance and as devious as possible.
    07-24-08 09:04 PM
    i know a while back (Haven't tried it in a while) but if you are on sprint and calling sprint dial an extra 1 before the number *aka 1+1+xxx-xxxx-xxxx* or something to that effect
    07-24-08 09:12 PM
    I havent had the use to do this in a while but generaly the rule is what ever that persons # is dial the area code the first 3 digits and then 6245(MAIL) ex.(909) 321-6245(MAIL) It will take you to the VM attendant then will ask you for the # of the person you want to leave a message for....
    07-24-08 09:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD