I know that when making a call, you can use the alt key to type in letters and blackberries will automatically convert the letters you typed to numbers (You type 1-800-FLOWERS and it will replace flowers with the proper numbers). But what about during a call? If you call a business, and go to a company directory where they ask you to type in the last name of someone, is there anyway you can do that on a blackberry?
    07-14-09 03:42 PM
    I was wondering the same thing. I was unable to pull up a company's directory as well during a phone call. I'm hoping someone will post info.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-09 03:45 PM
    Doesn't holding ALT key work during a call?

07-14-09 06:02 PM
    Hold down the alt key for the letters and press send. It'll dial the numbers automatically.
    07-14-09 06:10 PM
    Thanks for the tip.

07-14-09 07:42 PM
    Yes, this sure does work. Thank you.

07-14-09 09:30 PM
    I know that when making a call, you can use the alt key to type in letters and blackberries will automatically convert the letters you typed to numbers (You type 1-800-FLOWERS and it will replace flowers with the proper numbers). But what about during a call? If you call a business, and go to a company directory where they ask you to type in the last name of someone, is there anyway you can do that on a blackberry?

I read the reply but that does not work for me. What might I be doing wrong?
    07-28-09 10:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD