ok i have a question,is the password case sensitive?
    i have only one try left and i realized caps were on,now someone told me that the info on the phone gets erased after the last wrong try,so first question:::since caps was on does that affect the password being correct?
    and 2:::what gets erased?my contacts and messages???

also can i call my provider and get them to do somthing about this?

thanks
    Teen_Writer likes this.
    11-22-07 09:48 AM
    It's case sensitive, everything will be gone that you put on the device, essentially restored back to manufacturer standards, just like you took it out of the box, and no...no support can help you, they dunno what password you input, they can't give you "more trys" or anything like that, talk about russian roulette there...Good Luck!!
    11-22-07 09:54 AM
    hmm damn...what if i take out the sim card and try,will just the phone settings and such be erased? and my sim card will still have all contacts?thanks man
    11-22-07 09:55 AM
    If you set security on your device, and enter the wrong password 10 times, it will wipe the device...

So, enter the password EXACTLY as you created it. Alternatively, let it wipe the device, then restore from a backup...

You have done a backup lately, right?
    11-22-07 05:39 PM
    If you still deciding on to try that last attempt then try it on the Desktop Manager... It is much safer to type the correct characters on the computer...
    If it accepts its gonna be fine... if not then just .. u tried

I would suggest since you will have the desktop manager open make a backup just incase future flashes back at ya...
    11-23-07 09:12 PM
    You have done a backup lately, right?
    Whats a BackUp? lol
    11-23-07 09:15 PM
    So how did it turn out?
    11-23-07 09:43 PM
    Sorry for digging out an old thread but I need an answer to this. Let's say I have smrt guard, my phone is locked with an pw. If the stealer is trying 10/10 times, so the device is wipped. Does the applications will be gone too? and does the pw is reset to nothing? or he will still need my pw to enter into the phone again?
    08-21-09 02:51 PM
    Sorry for digging out an old thread but I need an answer to this. Let's say I have smrt guard, my phone is locked with an pw.
    Smrt Guad offers you multiple options. I cant speak to their effectiveness.

If the stealer is trying 10/10 times, so the device is wipped. Does the applications will be gone too? and does the pw is reset to nothing? or he will still need my pw to enter into the phone again?
    After the wipe, the BlackBerry will boot in out of the box condition. All of your data, setting and installed applications will be erased.

There will be no password in effect.
    08-21-09 03:27 PM
    Awww thx for the informations. Oh well, I thought the blackberry wouldnt be usable after 10/10 ... Kinda sad to know that the thief can still use the phone right after ==
    08-21-09 03:49 PM
    Hmmm. So basically using password is useless as thief is not going to be interested in my contacts but device it self...
    08-21-09 04:11 PM
    I actually tested it on my Curve and to my suprize, no password was required.

I belive there is an IT policy that prevents that and leaves the device with a JVM 513 error. It then requires the original password to rebuild the OS.

BTW, the Media Card is not wiped, the thief would have full access to the files saved on the card.
    08-21-09 04:20 PM
    Is there a way to completely lock the phone, like even after the reset?
    08-21-09 04:52 PM
    just restore from your last backup after it wipes - no worries!!
    08-21-09 05:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD