09-25-10 10:51 PM
45 12
tools
    Tried an altogether different USB port that I've never used for the BB just for the heck of it. Thought I remembered something about that in the past. No go on that.
    04-29-10 12:48 PM
    At this stage, I have my fingers crossed for you.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/unab...eration-73368/
    04-29-10 12:49 PM
    Reed, tried another USB port. IT'S WORKING!!!!!!!!

Finger crossing might be the answer. Keep them crossed. On step 5 of 6. Never been this far before.
    04-29-10 12:52 PM
    Phone screen is showing it's transferring data. But on the PC, it's been loading module "net_rim_platform_resource_en_US.cod" for the last 20+ minutes. Not sure if it's really working or not but I'm not touching it to find out. Gonna wait it out and hope.

Task manager says the application is still running at least, that seems like a good sign.
    04-29-10 01:13 PM
    So it's sneaking up on 40 minutes now since the progress bar has moved at all. Keep waiting or am I wasting my time?
    04-29-10 01:26 PM
    If you see status message that it has successfully upgraded, it has finished. If not, come back in a hour.
    04-29-10 01:34 PM
    Thanks for sticking with me man. I'm losing hope though. It's been 80 minutes now and it says it's still trying to load the same .cod file since the beginning. Whatever happens I certainly appreciate all your help.
    04-29-10 02:11 PM
    Anybody know if there's a way to retrieve all my contacts from the backup file on my PC? What if I get another phone and it's not a Blackberry?
    04-29-10 02:22 PM
    The ABC BlackBerry IPD Editor will do the job, if needed.

Free download ABC Amber BlackBerry Editor, edit contacts in IPD files

04-29-10 02:33 PM
    The ABC BlackBerry IPD Editor will do the job, if needed.

Free download ABC Amber BlackBerry Editor, edit contacts in IPD files

I downloaded it, nice little app. I can't see however how I might export my contacts out of there and into something that could be imported into a Droid. I'm unable to highlight and copy/paste all the cells with all the info in it?
    04-29-10 06:09 PM
    So... what happened, did it work?

04-29-10 06:35 PM
    As of 4 hours later, it had not. Still saying it was loading applications but certainly it must be hung up for good. I'm at work now, so I'll check in another 5 hours but success seems almost infintesimally unlikely at this point. At least on this try. If I unhook now, it may even be worse since it's supposedly in the loading process. I'm feeling like I'm out of options though.
    04-29-10 06:41 PM
    Thanks for the update and for your patience in working through this challenge.

There is one last hope. I have reports of members disconnecting after no obvious Successful Upgrade to find it has worked. Good Luck.

04-29-10 07:34 PM
    I'll definitely let you know if it works out. Probably give it another shot or two if not. Thanks for everything brother.
    04-29-10 08:12 PM
    can anybody help me with a no application linked problem to my 8830?
    04-29-10 08:23 PM
    Thanks to expert instruction, the will to succeed and most importantly an epic stroke of luck, I revived my 8330 last night.

My first tripping point was that the device could not be identified by DM because my PIN couldn't be read. Pops up a window asking for device PIN and it seems like there is no option to proceed at that point. A battery pull is required now (while still hooked up to the USB). This causes DM to indentify the actual USB port (as a potential device) and it registers as "Unknown: USB". Replace the battery and select OK to move on with the process.

At this point it would download the device software and load system software just fine (Steps 1 & 2). The main issue was with step 3, while waiting for device initialization. Red LED came on and phone restarted once again revealing the white screeen/507 error. A window would eventually pop up saying it couldn't connect to the device and you could select "retry" or "cancel". Retrys do not work and if cancel is selected, this is when you receive the dreaded "Failed to connect during a multi-stage loading operation" notification. So here is what I did:

1st effort (close but not quite): I switched USB ports, then clicked "Retry". First of all switched to one of the two ports I have available on the front of my PC. That failed altogether and the same popup returned. I then tried one of the USB's on the back of my machine, then again clicked retry. This time it took off but soon got hung up on the loading of applications and stayed there for hours before I finally pulled the plug on that attempt.

2nd effort (sweet success): After the first time failed, I closed DM. Then reopened and started the proces over until I reached the same point. This time I removed all other USB devices from my PC which in my case was just a printer. Consequently, it was located directly next to the open USB I had used for my phone. Within seconds of removing the printer's cord, I quickly inserted the phone cord into the former printer slot and then immediately clicked "Retry". It took off very quickly and blazed through the remaining steps with ease.

So that is my account of how to deal with 507 errors/multistage loading operation errors. People's luck seems to vary but it certainly appears to be related to power issues in various USB slots in some fashion or another.
    04-30-10 10:06 AM
    Congratulations on some find deductive work.
    pupsin likes this.
    04-30-10 10:21 AM
    Well, I am glad I found this thread. I did an update on my wife's tour today and it nuked it. I have been banging my head on my desk trying to figure out what little setting or thing I missed. My install also was hanging on the first .cod file. I finally found my magic on one of my three USB ports...go figure. Needless to say I am back up and running. Still have to restore data but hey that parts a snap.
    Oh, and I am not certain if this had any bearing, but I am on a Vista machine and ran it app loader as Admin.
    05-13-10 03:29 PM
    Wow - did the trick for me! perfect....

Thanks to expert instruction, the will to succeed and most importantly an epic stroke of luck, I revived my 8330 last night.

My first tripping point was that the device could not be identified by DM because my PIN couldn't be read. Pops up a window asking for device PIN and it seems like there is no option to proceed at that point. A battery pull is required now (while still hooked up to the USB). This causes DM to indentify the actual USB port (as a potential device) and it registers as "Unknown: USB". Replace the battery and select OK to move on with the process.

At this point it would download the device software and load system software just fine (Steps 1 & 2). The main issue was with step 3, while waiting for device initialization. Red LED came on and phone restarted once again revealing the white screeen/507 error. A window would eventually pop up saying it couldn't connect to the device and you could select "retry" or "cancel". Retrys do not work and if cancel is selected, this is when you receive the dreaded "Failed to connect during a multi-stage loading operation" notification. So here is what I did:

1st effort (close but not quite): I switched USB ports, then clicked "Retry". First of all switched to one of the two ports I have available on the front of my PC. That failed altogether and the same popup returned. I then tried one of the USB's on the back of my machine, then again clicked retry. This time it took off but soon got hung up on the loading of applications and stayed there for hours before I finally pulled the plug on that attempt.

2nd effort (sweet success): After the first time failed, I closed DM. Then reopened and started the proces over until I reached the same point. This time I removed all other USB devices from my PC which in my case was just a printer. Consequently, it was located directly next to the open USB I had used for my phone. Within seconds of removing the printer's cord, I quickly inserted the phone cord into the former printer slot and then immediately clicked "Retry". It took off very quickly and blazed through the remaining steps with ease.

So that is my account of how to deal with 507 errors/multistage loading operation errors. People's luck seems to vary but it certainly appears to be related to power issues in various USB slots in some fashion or another.
    09-25-10 12:16 AM
    im having a similar problem...i find the usbpin and the DM has completed 2 files....when it tries to install ARM the device loses connection and i get the error message..this happens with all software i have tried.....crackutil...DM...JL....i have tried all...any advice here? (BB Bold 9000)
    09-25-10 10:51 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD