When using the BlackBerry device switch wizard to move to a new BB, does it transfer every setting from the previous phone? Does it transfer settings like fonts, ringtones, and trackball speed?

Thanks!

Kevin
    08-15-10 10:14 PM
    When using the BlackBerry device switch wizard to move to a new BB, does it transfer every setting from the previous phone? Does it transfer settings like fonts, ringtones, and trackball speed?

Thanks!

Kevin
    Fonts- No. You have to download from an OS Install.
    Ringtones- profiles? Yes. Ringtones are in your memory card.
    Trackball speed- ... You can literally change this in about 20 seconds.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-10 11:09 PM
    When I have done mine it has even transferred the txt and call logs! I haven't noticed ANYTHING not being transferred over.. Just sayin' :|

08-15-10 11:28 PM
    When I have done mine it has even transferred the txt and call logs! I haven't noticed ANYTHING not being transferred over.. Just sayin' :|

Did it transfer your music?
    And your apps?

The Font probably counts as an app so you have to probably reload that.

08-15-10 11:39 PM
    No because the media card does not transfer.. That's a whole 'nother device that you "put into" your BlackBerry.. DM can't crontrol that. Any music saved to the phone transferred though..

08-16-10 12:27 AM
    No because the media card does not transfer.. That's a whole 'nother device that you "put into" your BlackBerry.. DM can't crontrol that. Any music saved to the phone transferred though..

That was rhethorical...
    I know that it won't..

I'm just saying. NOT ANYTHING DIDNT TRANSFER is saying everything transferred.
    Let's not confuse our friend here.

08-16-10 12:42 AM
    The best thing to do regarding device switches, is to use the "backup/restore" feature. If you are switching to a new device simply run DM and plug in current device>select backup. Once finished with the backup process you will be prompted to connect your new device. After your new device is pluged in you will be asked what you want to restore from, choose the file you just saved (backed up from current device) You will also have several choices regarding what you want to restore, click what you want moved to new device (or simply check "all device data") Once complete, unplug device and youre good to go.....data, fonts, settings, sms messages, mms messages everything. Hope this helps!
    08-16-10 12:47 AM
    Its not that I can't change the settings, it would just be a hassle. I have my BB customized from trackball settings to page vs column view in the browser. Just a ton of stuff to write down if device switch doesn't catch it all.

I'm going to move from my Tour to the Bold 9650 because my trackball finally gave out and I'm not about to jump hoops with Sprint just to get a refurb. Hopefully the trackpad will treat me well and hopefully all my settings will transfer over.

On that note, I wonder what will happen to my trackball speed if I'm moving to a Bold without a trackball. I wonder if it will apply those settings to the trackpad speed....

Kevin

Fonts- No. You have to download from an OS Install.
    Ringtones- profiles? Yes. Ringtones are in your memory card.
    Trackball speed- ... You can literally change this in about 20 seconds.

08-16-10 02:41 AM
    Device Switch/Transfer Wizard does everything it says it will do.

I have never ever had a problem with using it at all.

08-16-10 04:57 AM
    For me it transfers the stuff thats a pain in the **** to transfer, contacts apps. I actually like messing with the settings but it does transfers most of those too.
    08-16-10 09:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD