I recently swapped from a Tour to the Bold 9650 using Desktop Manager, but my 3rd party apps did not transfer. I re-installed most, but there is one that I paid for and don't want to purchase again. Is there a way to sync just that app and not all the other data? I am using OS 6.0.

Thanks for the help!
    04-05-11 08:47 AM
    Where did you purchase the app? It may be possible to transfer it's license to your new Berry. Did you use the CB, or other Mobihand store? Or did you use App World?
    04-05-11 09:31 AM
    It helps to know which app it is. Some apps are PIN based and don't transfer.

As an example, Beejive has a couple of license options. The more expensive license transfers to any new device. The less expensive license doesn't transfer, you have to buy an upgrade to move it to a new device.

The other thing you can do (if you still have both devices) is make a backup of all the apps on your old device (using something like BBSAK), then install it onto the new device (also using BBSAK).
    04-05-11 09:57 AM
    I used BB App World. Pardon the "newbie" question, but how would I check to see if the license can be transferred?
    04-05-11 09:59 AM
    The app is Scanner Radio.
    04-05-11 09:59 AM
    App World is easy, you should be able to just sign on to App World on the new device and download the app again, it SHOULD transfer.
    04-05-11 10:04 AM
    Thanks. I was going to do that but wasn't sure if I would be charged again. Thanks for the info!
    04-05-11 11:25 AM
    Appworld using your ID should make the device switching process mich easier for 3rd party apps. Othwise just ask the vendors to provide you with new OTA links for installation.
    04-05-11 10:47 PM