11-16-10 08:30 AM
41 12
tools
    RIM should have never released the Bold 9000. Or more to the point, they never
    should have (and never should again) release a device with that horrid form factor.

eewww pearl lover talking!!

Personally I think the 8830 was a brutal model, they keyboard sucked compared to the previous and post generations of Blackberry's it was a good starting point for the 9000 keyboard, but that is my least favourite Blackberry.

NOW the 9630 IMO was a fantastic phone, if it had the replaceable trackball of the 8330, or the trackpad of the 9650 it is the only way it could have really been better, I don't think they should have held off releasing it waiting for the 9650!
    11-04-10 08:19 AM
    RIM should have never released the Storm 1, 9630 Tour, and the 8220 Pearl...
    11-04-10 08:21 AM
    Storm 1...and maybe the torch I had a chance to try one out this past weekend, and I must say the keyboard is horrible IMO.

you didn't give the Torch keyboard enough time

I agreed very much with you my first few days with the torch, having come off the tour, which had a killer keyboard the torch felt like crap, but after a good solid weekend with only the torch in my hand, and then a few days jumping between my torch and my 9300, I have come to really love the keyboard, NOW the Call / Blackberry/ Back / END keys on the torch or pure siht! this smooth cover over the buttons like the Curve series, instead of individual buttons like the bold series is my biggest complaint, I press the call button 10 times a day unintentionally!

but the Torch is my favourite blackberry thus far.
    11-04-10 08:24 AM
    Every device named here I agree with fully.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-10 08:52 AM
    I didn't even think to mention Pearl Flip, I just figured that was a given
    11-04-10 09:03 AM
    ===== QUOTE SevereDeceit ====

===== /QUOTE ====

Agreed

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    11-15-10 10:26 AM
    Storm 1 is a given but the 8220 pearl omg what an awful device. AG! Enough with those blasphemous words against the 9000!
    11-15-10 10:41 AM
    RIM should never have releaaed the Storm1 series. They were truly horrible. The horribleness even overflowed here on CrackBerry - remember?

The damage that the Storm1 series did to RIM's reputation, was immense. It was obvious why they rushed the release. The iToy was just released and RIM felt under pressure to get summat out the door. Wrong. The phone they released actually helped Apple it was so bad.

SOme people seem to dislike the Pearls. I still have an old 8100 and I am continually amazed that this tiny form factor does all this amazing Blackberry stuff. True I hate the keyboard and have disabled SureType but I still use this phone for travelling and as a spare.
    11-15-10 11:04 AM
    My Tour was rock solid, not one problem with the phone, I have to say the Storm 1, they tried something different with the click screen and it wasn't great
    11-15-10 11:52 AM
    The 8220 Pearl flip was not a bad device, it just never gained popularity. Many people did not consider it a true BlackBerry because it was not a candy bar style phone...
    11-15-10 12:19 PM
    ===== QUOTE pcgizmo ====

===== /QUOTE ====

The 8220 Pearl flip was not a bad device, it just never gained popularity. Many people did not consider it a true BlackBerry because it was not a candy bar style phone...
    I haven't noticed any other devices that have Bluetooth fail as much as on Flips, though.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    11-15-10 02:16 PM
    You liked yours? Those things bluetooth would stop working out of the blue and talk about SLOW.
    11-15-10 04:38 PM
    IMO the Tour was the best traditional form factor Blackberry at the time it was launched, until the Bold 9700 was released a few months later.

Trackball problems and the lack of wifi aside, the 9630 was the device CDMA users needed, the "CDMA Bold" that was lacking in the lineup up until that point.
    11-15-10 05:41 PM
    They should have never released any of the horrid Storm models. Period.
    agree

10char
    11-16-10 07:19 AM
    You liked yours? Those things bluetooth would stop working out of the blue and talk about SLOW.
    I never had a 8220 Pearl flip, but all I can say is it did not have hardware issues, or was anything like the Storm 1. While it may of had Bluetooth issues, it wasn't a crap device. It just never gained popularity...
    11-16-10 08:14 AM
    The Tour 9630.First BB that seemed to have widespread shoddy QC issues.Felt like it was rushed to CDMA providers since they never recieved a Bold 9000 version. The 9650 came out only a year later and was everything the Tour should have been in the first place. The Pearl Flips and Storm 9530 at least can argue they were different form-factors or technologies and that RIM was at least trying something different.
    Last edited by experiment626; 11-16-10 at 08:39 AM.
    11-16-10 08:30 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD