Hello everyone I recently lost my new Bb Bold and received a new one from my carrier. But know I have found my lost one again. is it possible to use this as a second phone or could i switch back and forth from my new unit to my old unit. Thanks in advance
    01-16-11 02:41 PM
    If you received an insurance replacement for the lost phone, then you need to send the lost (and now found) phone to the insurance company.

Using (or keeping) the phone would constitute fraud.
    Fubaz likes this.
    01-16-11 03:36 PM
    Hello everyone I recently lost my new Bb Bold and received a new one from my carrier. But know I have found my lost one again. is it possible to use this as a second phone or could i switch back and forth from my new unit to my old unit. Thanks in advance
    The old device will also be deemed Blacklisted and un usable on BIS.

Your carrier can un blacklist it, and will want one of the phones returned to them.

You can sell it/use it as just an unlocked phone that will never be able to use BIS.
    01-16-11 04:23 PM
    The old device will also be deemed Blacklisted and un usable on BIS.

Your carrier can un blacklist it, and will want one of the phones returned to them.

You can sell it/use it as just an unlocked phone that will never be able to use BIS.
    Thanks for the info. One other question if i use my other blackberry torch which is off contract and is my own if i put my sim card from my bold 9780 in it and i am using this unit and i losose it will my device protection cover that phone. basically what iam asking is if i use a diffent phone for work and one for off work will the protection plan cover whatever phone is being used if i lost it or damaged it . Thanks in advance
    01-19-11 09:45 PM
    You should contact the insurance carrier for that information. Typically, the insurance only covers the device on which it was initiated on the contract. Devices purchased "off contract" typically aren't covered. The insurance carrier will be the one to give you the definitive answer.
    01-19-11 11:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD