I asked in my BB's section however what they suggested didn't work so I thought maybe I would try here. I have 4 pictures saved onto my phones device memory a 8520, there is no option to delete them even after I remove my sd memory card. I am not sure how to remove them. Also, there are some third party apps the previous owner added to my phone and I can not find a way to remove them either? Any ideas on what I can try to get these things removed.
    02-14-11 01:44 PM
    Do you have a computer to use? You should be able to use the computer to read the BB like a USB drive and delete any files you want from it. Also BBSAK can be use if you need something a bit more robust. It should also be possible to delete those picture with the Files App from your BB itself which should be in your Accessories directory. It MIGHT be tough to find the actual files that way, it's probably easier to use a PC and it's search commands.
    02-14-11 02:14 PM
    I have a Mac, i am not too familar with using the DM but I have it on my computer.
    02-14-11 04:51 PM
    open blackberry desktop manager - attach phone to computer via USB - sync your phone with desktop manager. There is a column on the left hand side of the desktop manager in that you should find a tab saying pictures click that and locate the pictures you want to delete and delete them that way. You should also follow this step for the applications by clicking the applications tab in the left hand menu.
    02-14-11 04:57 PM
    Frreshh. Seeings how your 8520 was previously owned it would be a good idea to wipe tje device. I can't remember just exactly where it is on os 5 but this will get you close enough that you can find it or just do a search. Go to options/security/security wipe and select all you want wiped then wipe. Now you'll have a clean device. If you have already set up your address book you can either sync it to your pc or store them on your sim {if it applies}. You'll have to do this 1st of course.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-11 05:08 PM
    yeah, i should have done that but i didnt i dont have a usb that fits into this blackberry the two i have are to small or two big and i was planning on upgrading to the bold 9780 in the next week or so but before I sell this one I will make sure I wipe it

Is that a normal problem to not be able to delete photos off of the device memory?
    02-14-11 06:46 PM
    You should ba able to go to the Files icon. Files/File Folders/Device Memory/Home/User/Pictures. You should be able yo delete them from here.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-11 10:22 PM
    Use the native file manager at: Media / Explore.
    02-15-11 11:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD