Did my first 8830 backup today, which appeared to go fine, leaving me with 3 folders and 1 file on my PC: the folders were music, aim folder and call logs, and the file was called backup.dbl (or something like that).

Can I open up that file and actually see (and edit) stuff like MemoPad on the PC?

Also, what option do I choose for "mass media storage"; and while we're on that topic, do I need the version of DM with roxio media thingy - or without roxio media thingy?
    08-20-08 08:50 AM
    Your description of Backup is somewhat different from mine, everything goes into one database file.

I know of some third party applications that will let you view the contents of the Contact data, but nothing that offers editing.

Finally, our old freind Roxio. The program is huge and consumes huge resources on your PC. During the indexing operation, it will use 100% CPU and bring the rest of the system to it's knees.

It does a good job of organizing the media files, but I can do exacty the same from Windows File Manager and not consume all those resources.
    08-20-08 10:30 AM
    There is a file/program (Amber something or other) that allows you to look into the consolidated backup file but I don't think it allows editing.

For editing, you would need Outlook (which the Desktop Manager syncs with). There may be other apps but I'm not familar with them.
    08-20-08 11:13 AM
    Here is a link to Amber ABC, http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/amb...nverter-26331/, which is the program referenced in the above posts. I haven't used it.
    08-20-08 11:26 AM
    Here is a link to Amber ABC, http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/amb...nverter-26331/, which is the program referenced in the above posts. I haven't used it.
    this is a great program, i have used it plenty and it works great.
    08-20-08 11:34 AM
    Thanks for your responses..... I have a feeling that while I clicked on "backup", what I need to do in order to backup my memopad etc is to click on "synchronize"..... Right...... ?
    08-20-08 05:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD