It's a very slow process

Posted via CB10
    Actually, I was making a joke. It seems to be part of this site's rather unique worldview.
    01-02-16 01:02 PM
    The best BlackBerry has , is the BB10 Os . The android crap is for the simple minded masses. BB10 are for the elite period.

  
    Isn't this the same attitude that iPhone users supposedly have? But they're labeled as "sheep." Ironic.
    01-03-16 03:05 AM
    Pffft I use the phone I have because it's the one I bought. It doesn't say anything about me.
    01-03-16 07:50 AM
    Don't know why, but the first thing that comes to my mind whenever I hear the "tools, not toys" debate is BBM Stickers. I always picture some frantic, highly-paid executive sending the CEO an urgent and highly-confidential message using Hello Kitty stickers.
    BBM is a separate company owned by BlackBerry, geared towards the consumer market. The tools not toys slogan does not apply. Just sayin' O_o

Posted via BlackBerry Priv
    01-03-16 07:54 AM
    Having already been "Playbooked" once, the indisputable thing my BB10 device choice says about me is that I am a glutton for punishment.

Laugh if you will, but you've been "Playbooked" too!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-03-16 08:11 AM
    Well I bought a Jeep because it'll go anywhere and I went with my Nexus 6P because I'm tired of BlackBerry. That and it was free, so to speak.
    01-03-16 07:58 PM
    There are many reasons to use a BlackBerry and many not to. I think in the end it doesn't say anything about ones personality.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-16 05:07 AM
    The problem with this whole conversation is that BlackBerry never did come to the realisation that we don't work 24/7 and we want our toys in the same package as our tools.
    Mainstream apps should have worked flawlessly, but they bobbled that.
    Time will tell whether we get in line with the masses, or what they have up their sleeve is truly going to set them apart.

My Canada My BlackBerry My Z30
    MikeX74 and nappalonia like this.
    01-04-16 05:37 AM
    I think you could make some generalizations about who is more likely to use a BlackBerry.

Older demographic.
    More men than women.
    Probably consume less media.
    Had a BlackBerry work phone.
    Text centric use predominates.
    Not used as part of a streaming eco system.
    Afraid of typing on glass.
    Contrarian by nature (Individualistic ).
    Do not desire a large phone.
    Not into social apps.
    Use a real camera in most circumstances.
    Generalizations rarely work.

Mostly misses:
    I use my Passport for streaming live TV news every day for several hours while working on papers, emails, etc.
    I used a Z30 and Z10 before, still use my playbook and Z30, therefore am not afraid of typing on glass.
    Never had a work phone! My phone is personal and I also use it for work.
    I do not have a camera. I use my phone as the camera.

I use my Passport as a laptop: work, email, communication, book reader, music player, live TV streaming (starting with playbook in 2012, way before the ipad and the Iphone could do it decently, and with z10 in Feb. 2013.)
    TCB on Z10 likes this.
    01-04-16 05:56 AM
    Actually, I was making a joke. It seems to be part of this site's rather unique worldview.
    I wasn't and it's the same unique world view that has BlackBerry 10 where it is.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-16 06:29 AM
    Not with all the sheep out there, the elitist cult will be with us for some time still, don't worry.

Just went through another incident of a teenager screaming at her mother because I gave her a BlackBerry to replace her failing Samsung. Don't know where the BlackBerry hate comes from, but it seems endemic in some people, especially the young.
    Don't have a problem with a youngster preferring a phone brands over another (and frankly, even as an educational helper, BB10 is a tough one to manage), but the yelling is a different issue altogether. One that needs fixed IMHO.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-04-16 07:53 AM
    Youth is where BlackBerry failed. They are the ones who become the users. Like it or not. Which includes all the popular apps and yes games.

Get them when young and just like many here when BlackBerry was cool, you tend to stick to it.
    01-04-16 08:10 AM
    Yeah it is kinda ironic that these kind of "BB are productivity tools and not toys posts" forgot that the reason that BB became so popular was that the consumer market adopted BBs for personal use. And not because of work.
    kbz1960, TgeekB and solitude1984 like this.
    01-04-16 09:48 AM
    Yeah it is kinda ironic that these kind of "BB are productivity tools and not toys posts" forgot that the reason that BB became so popular was that the consumer market adopted BBs for personal use. And not because of work.
    True.

Dummy BlackBerry devices were very popular on eBay.
    01-04-16 09:51 AM
    It tells me that you worry too much about what other people think about your smartphone choice. People really don't care that much.
    MikeX74 likes this.
    01-04-16 10:11 AM
    I think you could make some generalizations about who is more likely to use a BlackBerry.

Older demographic.
    More men than women.
    Probably consume less media.
    Had a BlackBerry work phone.
    Text centric use predominates.
    Not used as part of a streaming eco system.
    Afraid of typing on glass.
    Contrarian by nature (Individualistic ).
    Do not desire a large phone.
    Not into social apps.
    Use a real camera in most circumstances.
    OK I compare my profile with this.

Man
    Look lots of Movies, music videos, hear music and use my BlackBerry as multimedia device.
    Only private BlackBerry phone.
    Love the VKB, don't want PKB or slider.
    I am a Goth also individualist
    Love big phones. Z30 could be larger
    Use only Facebook and Whatsapp, because of my friends.

I choose the Z30 because it was the only Device from BlackBerry that was the adequate replacement for my 9530 Storm. Hope it will work as long as the Storm.

Posted from my Z30 (10.3.2.2876)
    01-04-16 12:24 PM
    This "tool not toy" delusion needs to stop. Take a look at the mobile landscape. More and more, individuals, business and even governments are overwhelmingly buying and using the "toys" over the "tools."

I tell people simply to buy the phone that suits their needs, or just simply buy the phone that their friends are using.

Posted via CB10
    This "tools not toys" thingy is what killed BlackBerry. We are not slave workers, we want some entertainments too. My previous employer made BlackBerry phone as the official phone, tied it to BES10, Exchange, Lynn, and whatnot. People ended up buying a second phone for fun use, so they became aware of the "apps gap". When people looked at BlackBerry phone they got reminded about their stressful workplace, when they looked at Samsung or iPhone they saw a lot of fun.

Posted via my Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    vanrickman and TgeekB like this.
    01-04-16 12:34 PM
    The business world is pretty much run on them so I'd say it works.
    Including the company that sells them, I'd imagine.
    TgeekB and Elephant_Canyon like this.
    01-04-16 05:14 PM
    I can see it in younger people. Let's face it, they have no idea who Blackberry is. BBOS was mostly business devices so they never would have used them. BB10 failed to advertise or make it to the big dance.

"Sheep", "elitist cult", I won't go there.
    Ummm... some would say that you already are there and just don't know it yet.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-16 05:18 PM
    Ummm... some would say that you already are there and just don't know it yet.

Posted via CB10
    I don't pay much attention to those people. They're too busy name calling rather than adding substance to conversations.
    MikeX74 and Elephant_Canyon like this.
    01-04-16 05:20 PM
    it says nothing about someone. I have a note 4 and it's awesome for productivity and a bold for quick one handed operation.

what does this say about me? I don't know nor do I care for me personally both are the best phones on the market for my needs and that's all I care about.

That stupid tools not toys slogan is just another way for the hardcore BB crowd to make themselves feel better.

it's been said a million times BB should have worked on improving their best OS and improve the bold formula instead of always starting from scratch when designing new phones.
    01-04-16 06:53 PM
    This "tools not toys" thingy is what killed BlackBerry. We are not slave workers, we want some entertainments too. My previous employer made BlackBerry phone as the official phone, tied it to BES10, Exchange, Lynn, and whatnot. People ended up buying a second phone for fun use, so they became aware of the "apps gap". When people looked at BlackBerry phone they got reminded about their stressful workplace, when they looked at Samsung or iPhone they saw a lot of fun.

Posted via my Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    Agree. I've said this before but it reminds me of when IBM told Steve Jobs "people do not want computers in their homes, they're for businesses". We all know how that turned out.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-04-16 06:56 PM
    Hmmm

I like my SE passport because it is strange and gets a lot of attention when I pull it out of my pocket.

I still like the classic because it's classic and it brings back fond memories of my Bold.

I'd like an all touch screen because I enjoy watching youtube videos on the bigger screen but that has little to do with the topic.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-16 07:09 PM
    For me my Z30 is no tool. It's my multimedia machine.
    I use them for watching videos, play music, make pictures, navigation, pocket computer and sometimes play a game.

01-04-16 07:09 PM
    For me my Z30 is no tool. It's my multimedia machine.
    I use them for watching videos, play music, make pictures, navigation and sometimes play a game.

It was probably my favorite BB10 device.
    01-04-16 07:11 PM
83 1234