I've downloaded the latest BlackBerry Desktop Manager software, paired the the Blackberry and desktop and as soon as I press the Synchronise button I get a message from telling me that the Desktop Manager has encountered a problem and needs to close, plus gives me the option of sending a message to tell Microsoft about this problem.

Has anyone come across this before and is there an easy solution?

Working off WIndows XP Pro.

Cheers
    10-13-08 05:13 AM
    I haven't encountered that error on XP Pro or that god awful vista. Try deleting desktop manager and redownload it and see it that works.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-08 05:41 AM
    Have just completed a download - everything working beautifully until it comes to exchanging data - it starts the process and then effectively just crashes and tells me that Windows has experienced a problem and needs to close.

My guy feeling is that there is a problem with my desktop - but not sure what or how to fix it
    10-13-08 05:44 AM
    I have now done a system restore on my desktop, plus downloaded latest Device Manager software plus downloaded Desktop Manager 4.5

Desktop and handheld are connecting and talking to each other, but at the moment that a file transfer is about to happen i am getting a big fat red cross with the words Intellisync - Unknown Error Reported

Has anyone else ever had a problem like this?
    10-13-08 09:38 AM
    I had a similar issue before, but I seem to recall having to uninstall anything related to Desktop Manager before reinstalling the latest DM.

Have you tried a clean uninstall of Desktop Manager? Edit: Perform a clean uninstall of BlackBerry Desktop Software
    Last edited by GapBoyPCS; 10-13-08 at 09:44 AM.
    10-13-08 09:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD