I have both a PC and a Macbook. I have read here that there exist many problems with compatibility issues between Mac and BB.

How would I use desktop MGR with my PC? Is it something I purchase? or simply download?

Where do I get it?

Thanks for all replies.
    06-26-09 06:09 AM
    I have both a PC and a Macbook. I have read here that there exist many problems with compatibility issues between Mac and BB.

How would I use desktop MGR with my PC? Is it something I purchase? or simply download?

Where do I get it?

Thanks for all replies.
    Desktop Manager is a software program that you can download from he blackberry website or if you have the software disc that came with the phone new it is on there as well. Here is the link to download it, there are several versions. Some people have had issues with version 4.7 so there are other versions as well. I myself have never had any issues with it. Good luck...

Software Download for BlackBerry Support
    06-26-09 06:30 AM
    I could not image having my BB without DM. It lets you back up your phones data as well as 3rd party apps, so that if you crash or have to replace a lost/stolen/broken phone, you don't have to worry about all the stuff you just lost with the phone. I do know you can run DM on a mac, but not being a mac user, I don't know the name of the program you have to have (you can search for it here) to run it in. If you already have a PC, I'd just stick with that.
    06-26-09 08:24 AM
    I have a Mac and use Pocket Mac (Google and download it). It's a great program that synchs your BB with Macs. Works great.
    06-26-09 08:59 AM
    me too, but you can't do backups and restores, and you can't upgrade your OS with Pocketmac. It's not ideal. I use my PC at work to do backups and upgrades and Pocketmac at home to sync.
    06-26-09 09:09 AM
    I switched from a PC to a Mac and love it....except for the fact that I now have no way to upgrade my BB software. I either have to spend $250 on Windows software for the Mac or consider an iPhone........ugh. Why can't we all just get along???
    06-26-09 01:45 PM
    Thank you to all who replied.
    06-28-09 02:11 AM
    Thank you to all who replied.
    You are welcome anytime. Did you get it situated?
    06-28-09 11:25 AM
    I bet you could find a used PC for less than $250. Check the paper. pawn shops or craigs list. In our struggle to own the latest and greatest, people chunk their pc's way too often.
    06-28-09 01:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD