Hey, this is my first time posting. a few month sago , the mini usb port on my curve 8330 stopped working. so i got a charging cradle which works fine. But i connected the cradle to my pc to backup my device and it wont recognize the phone. I plugged the cradle in, put the phone in, opened up desktop manager and it doesnt seem to think a phone is connected to the pc. I unplugged/replugged it multiple times. Nothing. HELP?!?!?
    07-28-11 05:20 PM
    The curves were notoriously bad for the pins on the USB port. Look carefully in and see if they are bent or even broken. Often the power pins are ok for charging but the data pins are not.

It is kind of hard to explain but the pins sit between the plastic center portion of the port but float freely on the top and bottom. Its possible for them to get pushed down enough they don't make proper contact. Be careful if this is the case as they break easily when trying to bend them back (with a needle or something with a fine point).

If the pin is broken you dont have too many options.
    conormac23 likes this.
    07-28-11 05:48 PM
    Cause its not - the cradle does not connect to the Curve's OS, just the batteries charging points.
    07-28-11 05:48 PM
    The CHARGING cradle is just for CHARGING.
    07-28-11 07:05 PM
    thanks for the help. much appreciated.
    07-28-11 09:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD