Hope fully now that there is a new guy in charge of devices, the phones won't be somewhat unattractive. The Z30 is a nice phone but the bottom is really not. The Z10 is a nice phone but has lots of flaws specially when replacement of the screen is needed. The Q10 needs a bigger screen and keyboard. They need a sexy phone for consumers and a stylish but durable phone for business.

Posted via CB10
    wtrmlnjuc likes this.
    01-10-14 05:18 PM
    Hope fully now that there is a new guy in charge of devices, the phones won't be somewhat unattractive. The Z30 is a nice phone but the bottom is really not. The Z10 is a nice phone but has lots of flaws specially when replacement of the screen is needed. The Q10 needs a bigger screen and keyboard. They need a sexy phone for consumers and a stylish but durable phone for business.

Posted via CB10
    I think the Z30 in silver/black looks great. What's wrong with the bottom? It's silver. I don't have one, but I like it. The Z10 looks nice without a case too. It has really cool angles and I like that the buttons on the side are silver, reminding me of the PlayBook volume buttons. The Q10 is perfect the way it is, though if they made a bigger one, I'd absolutely buy one.

There will be no sexy phone for consumers... that's just not in the cards right now for BlackBerry. It will probably be YEARS before they make a real effort in the consumer space.
    01-10-14 07:19 PM
    Technically if you buying anything your a consumer. Just because they say they've bowed out of the consumer race doesn't mean you can't get a new phone.

Posted via CB10
    gebco likes this.
    01-10-14 08:08 PM
    Technically if you buying anything your a consumer. Just because they say they've bowed out of the consumer race doesn't mean you can't get a new phone.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah but we all know what the "consumer market" is. It's the market that has rejected qwerty devices and BlackBerry. It's the market that is now dominated by Apple and Google. BlackBerry isn't either one of those and doesn't have the time or the money to keep fighting an uphill battle in winning back the average consumer.

It's the "consumer market" that is pushing for bigger and bigger touchscreen phones. BlackBerry isn't going to try and meet the needs of that market anymore. They tried. Had marketing been better and the apps been there, who knows where we'd be now. But marketing was bad and the apps weren't there, and here we are almost a year after BlackBerry 10 was launched, and BlackBerry will be focusing on business and enterprise users (who, yes, are a consumer because they or their company bought them their phone).

For those of us that will keep buying BlackBerrys, we could benefit from this. Maybe this means future phones will have stellar battery life. Maybe this means many more business apps will come, though games will probably take a backseat. I don't care about games on my BlackBerry. I'd rather have a native banking app and an insane battery over any game.

I don't think BlackBerry has ever made an "ugly" phone. I'm sure others, like you, would disagree. But the consensus seems to always be that the hardware and design aren't BlackBerry's problem. Before, it was the old OS (legacy devices) or the poor camera and browser. Now, it's the apps. And since BlackBerry probably won't spend any more time wooing Instagram to attract regular consumers (you know, those people that buy iPhones and Androids), hopefully they'll spend time and money trying to get productivity and finance tools or something.
    01-11-14 08:10 PM
    I like where you are coming from. I have games on my phone but that's for precautionary measures while I'm bored at work lol. But yeah I'd rather take a banking app than a game or productivity app. I don't think the phones are ugly but a more sexy phone would be nice, not saying that the z10 is horrible to look at. Just want more glass and the back of the Q10 on a non removable back.

Yeah but we all know what the "consumer market" is. It's the market that has rejected qwerty devices and BlackBerry. It's the market that is now dominated by Apple and Google. BlackBerry isn't either one of those and doesn't have the time or the money to keep fighting an uphill battle in winning back the average consumer.

It's the "consumer market" that is pushing for bigger and bigger touchscreen phones. BlackBerry isn't going to try and meet the needs of that market anymore. They tried. Had marketing been better and the apps been there, who knows where we'd be now. But marketing was bad and the apps weren't there, and here we are almost a year after BlackBerry 10 was launched, and BlackBerry will be focusing on business and enterprise users (who, yes, are a consumer because they or their company bought them their phone).

For those of us that will keep buying BlackBerrys, we could benefit from this. Maybe this means future phones will have stellar battery life. Maybe this means many more business apps will come, though games will probably take a backseat. I don't care about games on my BlackBerry. I'd rather have a native banking app and an insane battery over any game.

I don't think BlackBerry has ever made an "ugly" phone. I'm sure others, like you, would disagree. But the consensus seems to always be that the hardware and design aren't BlackBerry's problem. Before, it was the old OS (legacy devices) or the poor camera and browser. Now, it's the apps. And since BlackBerry probably won't spend any more time wooing Instagram to attract regular consumers (you know, those people that buy iPhones and Androids), hopefully they'll spend time and money trying to get productivity and finance tools or something.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-14 09:14 PM

You're making it out as if BlackBerry gave up on the consumer market. John Chen has said plenty of times that they weren't leaving the consumer market. Most of the focus will be put into Enterprise and BBM and until BlackBerry is able to be profitable again they will reenter the consumer market.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 01:30 AM