BB10 is a mobile computer. The file manger has been developed to access and deploy files as would be on a desktop. The capabilities of the file manger are going to allow for some amazing capabilities as is currently evident with direct access to apk files currently. I won't discuss the capabilities and potential future offerings here.

People fail to realize that Blackberry isn't relying on Android to fill the app gap.

We fail to realize that as BlackBerry 10 isn't an open source OS. BlackBerry's's business model for the devopement side is 100% FULL OPEN SOURCE. Any library that is POSIX compliant is welcome on the platform. This includes tools, libraries and apps etc. After all BlackBerry is targeting mobile computing and 100% FULL OPEN SOURCE development support for the platform.

BlackBerry has been aiming to have the best Android runtime on the market. Post 10.2.1 will surely bring this to reality IMHO. The foundation is currently laid in the Android runtime time.

What I stated above is fact. However what IMHO is taking time is to have a seamless integration of Android offerimgs on the BB10 platform as to allow for seamless continuity (a continuous or connected whole)

BlackBerry isn't caving into Android support. More so just following their own business model for App development. Being a 100% FULL OPEN SOURCE development platform.
    Last edited by missing_K-W; 11-16-13 at 03:45 PM.
    11-16-13 03:09 PM
    Why are you throwing around the term "open source"? None of what you describe equates to being open-source. Just because BB10 is POSIX-compliant doesn't mean it's open source or has an open source development platform.
    11-16-13 03:14 PM
    Why are you throwing around the term "open source"? None of what you describe equates to being open-source. Just because BB10 is POSIX-compliant doesn't mean it's open source or has an open source development platform.
    BlackBerry 10 supports 100% FULL OPEN SOURCE tools for development. This includes tools, libraries, apps ,code etc
    11-16-13 03:18 PM
    How is BB10 not supporting open source development for developers?
    11-16-13 03:27 PM
    Contribute to BlackBerry Open Source «BlackBerry Developer Blog

This is just one example. If I need to go further I will

The above is from the BlackBerry developers blog. Just an example
    11-16-13 03:29 PM
    On a side note. I would like to see the file manager have a UI overhaul and be more intuitive. It is a very critical piece to BB10 and should look as though it is such IMHO
    11-16-13 03:38 PM