I think the sister site Android Central will get more traffic in the future, especially once VZW's LTE Android devices are available.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I just registered for that site. It seems good so far. I'll be on CrackBerry though until I don't have BlackBerry.

01-12-11 05:00 PM
    I just registered for that site. It seems good so far. I'll be on CrackBerry though until I don't have BlackBerry.

You might as well stay here too, since you will still be able to help BlackBerry users.

BTW, I never got a response to a question I posted at Android Central 2 days ago.

01-12-11 05:03 PM
    You might as well stay here too, since you will still be able to help BlackBerry users.

BTW, I never got a response to a question I posted at Android Central 2 days ago.

Agreed. The Forums here are pretty nice aside from the delusional RIM fanboys that insist RIM is still doing a good job.
    JoelTruckerDude likes this.
    01-12-11 05:04 PM
    Like I said I think the iPad is the best offering at the moment in my opinion. I don't believe the playbook will be able to even come close to the iPad. With that being said I do believe that somewhere down the road someone will make a better tablet.

As for the iPad being a giant iPod touch....perhaps it is. But how is that bad....

On my iPad I...

Watch movies comfortably
    Type up documents, power points, and spread sheets
    Print the above
    Read books with ease
    Use it for school
    Use it for work
    Browse the Internet comfortably.

Trust me I'm not one of those types that worships apple or jobs. But I do enjoy the iPad and it's simple layout and usefulness. Does it replace my laptop? **** no, but it's still pretty handy.

01-12-11 05:13 PM

i do not use pop on my android so i can not anwser you on that one. You can sync with outlook but its not as clean as with a BB. You might need to create a thread about the issue instead of waiting for someone to answer on that thread. sorry i cant help you more
    01-12-11 05:16 PM
    Like I said I think the iPad is the best offering at the moment in my opinion. I don't believe the playbook will be able to even come close to the iPad. With that being said I do believe that somewhere down the road someone will make a better tablet.

As for the iPad being a giant iPod touch....perhaps it is. But how is that bad....

On my iPad I...

Watch movies comfortably
    Type up documents, power points, and spread sheets
    Print the above
    Read books with ease
    Use it for school
    Use it for work
    Browse the Internet comfortably.

Trust me I'm not one of those types that worships apple or jobs. But I do enjoy the iPad and it's simple layout and usefulness. Does it replace my laptop? **** no, but it's still pretty handy.

I agree. I'll be getting an iPad hopefully as soon as the second generation comes out. I already have a Mac and an iPod... and I think Steve Jobs is pretty cool... So I guess many would call me a fanboy... I just like things that work well and Apple is providing that right now.
    01-12-11 05:17 PM
    I think the sister site Android Central will get more traffic in the future, especially once VZW's LTE Android devices are available.

I've tried to look around there. Unfortunately, it doesn't render well on my BB. Hopefully it looks better on a droid. Like you mentioned, however, this site is the best IMO. I just wish that it had a little more android to it. I'm afraid that because it doesn't, as upgrades become available, there will be fewer and fewer familiar faces. @ crisy, don't leave!

Chrisy likes this.
    01-12-11 05:22 PM
    I don't bash, RIM is operating fine in general despite not producing more 'new' devices for everybody. Every manufacturer does refreshes, just under a new name. Think about how many refreshes of a phone sony released, same with a dozen more. They're the same hardware, just with one, two or three more features. If some company was having trouble maintaining it's base, you would hear about job cuts and such, even office closings, on the news. Since no such thing was mentioned on the news, it's a grain of salt to me, as I take every news/rumors article that way, even tech articles. It's fun to read news and get to be informed, but that's it for me.

01-12-11 06:52 PM
    I don't bash, RIM is operating fine in general despite not producing more 'new' devices for everybody. Every manufacturer does refreshes, just under a new name. Think about how many refreshes of a phone sony released, same with a dozen more. They're the same hardware, just with one, two or three more features. If some company was having trouble maintaining it's base, you would hear about job cuts and such, even office closings, on the news. Since no such thing was mentioned on the news, it's a grain of salt to me, as I take every news/rumors article that way, even tech articles. It's fun to read news and get to be informed, but that's it for me.

It's not "bashing" to point out the painfully obvious bad situation RIM is no in. Why bury one's head in the sand and pretend everything is hunky dory??
    01-12-11 07:32 PM
    It's not "bashing" to point out the painfully obvious bad situation RIM is no in. Why bury one's head in the sand and pretend everything is hunky dory??
    Eh, as long as BIS still exists and I can use my device, I'm fine. The day rim goes out of business, is when I'll jump ship.

01-12-11 07:38 PM
    Eh, as long as BIS still exists and I can use my device, I'm fine. The day rim goes out of business, is when I'll jump ship.

fine. whatever floats your boat!
    01-12-11 07:49 PM
    Yeah, I can't view the Android forums on my BlackBerry browser! I thought that was funny. I like all the discussion here. Most of us are here because smart phones are a hobby and interest for us. Yes, they're tools. But we also get excited when new ones are released with updated or new features. That's why all the talk about iPhone and Androids. It's nothing to get defensive or upset about. All smart phone news/talk is interesting.

itsdollar likes this.
    01-12-11 08:34 PM
    Yeah, I can't view the Android forums on my BlackBerry browser! I thought that was funny. I like all the discussion here. Most of us are here because smart phones are a hobby and interest for us. Yes, they're tools. But we also get excited when new ones are released with updated or new features. That's why all the talk about iPhone and Androids. It's nothing to get defensive or upset about. All smart phone news/talk is interesting.

I would for sure agree with this statement 100%. Anything back and forth on here is worth it. I always go out learning something or enjoying someone elses perspective on the same thing I enjoy... Smartphones!.
    01-12-11 08:43 PM
    For how long? We all saw it coming and recognized this year as the year they would hope to catch up "spec wise". So...every day...every day for what a year? That's how much time we all must endure this fantastic meltdown of self pity by those who left the platform and those who dreamily with great public lust describe the day they will leave the platform? I'm just curious. Do you plan on posting like this for another year because I'll go ahead and let you know...nothing will be different for your special needs, meaning an intense spec affirmation coupled with the company that is clearly your love, for at least 9 more months.
    01-12-11 08:49 PM
    4 more months of dreamy posting for me. PS you're so dramatic!

01-12-11 08:56 PM

Wonderful...I'm dramatic? Yeah.
    01-12-11 08:59 PM

What happened to your March upgrade?
    01-12-11 09:06 PM
    Anyone who is jumping ship now is ridiculous, I am definitely a BB fan but I am not biased to the facts. I think every BB owner and addict knows that RIM has to step out of their boundaries a bit and step their game up, which means they definitely need come out with some great products during this year, but to say their done now? Absolutely not.

They are still the #1 in market share worldwide and can you tell me one manufacturer that uses android that is even close? The demise of RIM is determined on how long it takes them to get out new devices with the QNX OS and the QNX Operating System itself.
    01-12-11 09:10 PM
    Anyone who is jumping ship now is ridiculous, I am definitely a BB fan but I am not biased to the facts. I think every BB owner and addict knows that RIM has to step out of their boundaries a bit and step their game up, which means they definitely need come out with some great products during this year, but to say their done now? Absolutely not.

They are still the #1 in market share worldwide and can you tell me one manufacturer that uses android that is even close? The demise of RIM is determined on how long it takes them to get out new devices with the QNX OS and the QNX Operating System itself.
    how can i prepare your plate of crow?

01-12-11 09:16 PM
    What happened to your March upgrade?
    Bionic released April. So I've read.

01-12-11 09:17 PM
    Bionic released April. So I've read.

OH? Where did you read that as i presume they (Motorola and VZW) came out with a release date?
    01-12-11 09:21 PM
    how can i prepare your plate of crow?

Well put Mat... I suppose numbers and charts speak for themselves.
    01-12-11 09:22 PM
    AndroidCentral. Go register there! Let's get it going.

01-12-11 09:23 PM

I am already registered. I have been going there for about 6 months now.
    01-12-11 09:24 PM

Chrisy is there where you are going and if not check this out:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/motorola-droid-bionic/
    01-12-11 09:31 PM
187 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD