Just because you bought an android doesnt mean the whole world is and should. Just relax on the pessimism.
    Please point out anywhere that I ever pushed Android on anybody. I work with all platforms, some more than others. And perhaps I have a favorite platform due to my personal preferences... but never have I pushed that opinion on anybody. In fact, I've never made any statement as to which platform is better than another.

Unless of course you think you know everything.
    Never have I presumed to.

It is entirely possible that a retailer can at any moment in time sell more BlackBerries at a certain time than any other phone depending on local demand.

Why is this so unbelievable?
    Possible? Outside chance (really really outside), perhaps. Entirely possible? Nope. In the case of the OP though, it's readily apparent to anybody who's not closed minded and not fervently dedicated to promoting a brand, that it's an excellent example of hyperbole. Just because it's something that BB fans want to be true, doesn't make it actually true.

Yep, those articles pop from time to time. Including statements like "They're flying off the shelves.", "Can't keep them in stock.", etc... Yet when earnings reports come out, and device sales are reported, it turns out they were all smoke and mirrors. BB hasn't had a hot selling device in years.
    08-01-14 07:49 PM
    Please point out anywhere in this thread where anybody said BB is dead, or alluded to nothing positive can ever come out of the platform? Simply put... the OP made a claim that anybody with any sense could recognize as being anything but wildly inaccurate. Just because it was "positive" towards BB does not commend the premise. If there's no factual basis behind it, you cannot condemn anybody for taking steps to vilify the statement. Especially when there's more evidence to support the vilification.
    What a surprise, one of the genius comes after me... look, I don't need you to teach me the "truth"... if the op wanted to share that, was it a crime and you need to correct it? Are you like a truth monitor? Seriously man, let it be... anyway, read my comment in any way you want to read it and keep your opinion about it to yourself, i'm not interested in a back and forth with a stranger about a store that maybe sold more BlackBerry and the possible implications in better market share, or not... have a very lovely evening

Posted via CB10
    08-01-14 08:04 PM
    Please point out anywhere that I ever pushed Android on anybody. I work with all platforms, some more than others. And perhaps I have a favorite platform due to my personal preferences... but never have I pushed that opinion on anybody. In fact, I've never made any statement as to which platform is better than another.

Never have I presumed to.

Possible? Outside chance (really really outside), perhaps. Entirely possible? Nope. In the case of the OP though, it's readily apparent to anybody who's not closed minded and not fervently dedicated to promoting a brand, that it's an excellent example of hyperbole. Just because it's something that BB fans want to be true, doesn't make it actually true.

Yep, those articles pop from time to time. Including statements like "They're flying off the shelves.", "Can't keep them in stock.", etc... Yet when earnings reports come out, and device sales are reported, it turns out they were all smoke and mirrors. BB hasn't had a hot selling device in years.
    Well if you presume to not know everything then OP's scenario could have happened. Its not impossible, saying that its impossible (or outside the relm of entirely possible) means that you think you know everything.

And no its not smoke and mirrors. Selfridges sold more Q10s than iphone and samsungs for a limited time. BlackBerry did sell up to or more than 10 million BB10 phones to date, sure its not huge but its still something. So its possible that for just that month a shop sold more BB10s in bulk orders than any other phone.

Differentiate or Die
    spikesolie likes this.
    08-01-14 08:16 PM
78 ... 234