Clint Howard, Ron Howard brother.

It's from the TOS: "The Corbomite Maneuver". He played the captain of one of the most powerful vessels the Enterprise encountered in the original series....
    Balok....now let us share Trania together....

Flicked out via Zed10
    08-01-14 02:01 PM
    here's your answer if you cannot comprehend simple English - "He wanted our Q10 so I'm assuming he meant BB10 phones"
    Dude, there is something really wrong with your logic. Try taking a simple logical and analytical test, I bet you will not go very far. The OP is saying that the rep. from the other store wanted Q10, so they must be selling BB10 phones rather than BBOS phones. How does that statement imply that he doesn't know about Q10? Seriously dude, if you can't comprehend a simple sentence than at least stop insulting others. Best would be if you don't comment at all.
    xandermac likes this.
    08-01-14 02:07 PM
    Thanks for sharing this OP Shanevich. Ignore the others here in this thread doubting you. Their true colors are showing.

Feel free to share more news and opinions on here. Glad to see other BlackBerry fans out in this thread to defend!

#goteamblackberry

Posted via CB10
    08-01-14 02:10 PM
    I don't get why everyone has to be so difficult on here. The guy posts a positive post... And gets ripped for it.
    Post something about what Blackberry could do better...get ripped for that too.
    Breathe deep people. Nobody is here posting under oath before a Grand Jury. They are just anecdotal personal experiences.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums mobile app
    Unfortunarely, many folks here are iSheeps in disguise, pretending to be Blackberry fans. They will be in denial for every positive step Blackberry takes.
    08-01-14 02:11 PM
    Balok....now let us share Trania together....

Flicked out via Zed10
    Have a bottle of 2250 I've been saving....
    08-01-14 02:21 PM
    Well the demand can't exactly decrease at this point so...
    Touche...!
    08-01-14 02:30 PM
    Doubting, criticizing, or outright blasting the OPs claims isn't because anybody refuses to see a positive pro-BB post. Instead, it's because the claim is an outright exaggeration. The numbers simply do not align to make the OPs claim anywhere near feasible. But hey... If you want a forum where anybody can make up an outrageous claim just to satisfy your internal desire to escape from reality... Knock yourself out.

Amazing how members of a cause will champion a manufactured story simply because it reads better in their minds, than facing reality.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    app_Developer and spikesolie like this.
    08-01-14 02:38 PM
    Hey, believe what you want. I am glad that a store managed to sell a good bit of BlackBerry phones. It makes me happy to know. I wanted to share what I thought would be good news, not cast doubts on my character. Believe it or not, a lot of businesses do bulk activations of certain phones. The Q10 is currently free with us right now and the Z30 was $100 off the whole month. Those prices are attractive despite the device brand. That's more than likely what happened--a business decided they wanted a large order of BB phones for their employees. I'm sure they sold a good bit of iPhones and Samsung devices, too, but not every agent in the US is closed-minded enough to focus solely on those two brands. Those of us who like to do a decent job at giving customers what they need will recommend an ugly flip phone if we need to, and of course BlackBerry! I personally have begun to see more BlackBerry phones come in for troubleshooting and not just legacy devices, either. I assisted a woman whose Z10 was rapidly losing battery life just two weeks ago, using knowledge gained from this very community. She was excited to hear about the Classic and the Passport and hopes to get the Classic because of it's smaller size. "I will never get rid of my BlackBerrys!" I hope both are available on our network so I can happily sell her and other brand loyalists a phone.
    I don't exactly know how that other store managed to sell what they did or why, even. I'm glad they did. If this information is so unlikely that you find it hilarious, that's fine. I was surprised and doubtful myself when I was told this.
    I'll keep information like this to myself next time.

Posted via CB10
    I appreciate u posting this good news. We do have some spoilers in this forum and I hope they will not dissuade you from contributing. Really appreciate your refreshing approach to sales and customer service, regardless of brand loyalty.

My Z10 - an extension of me
    08-01-14 02:59 PM
    It's interesting how something about BB that should be generally positive creates so much bickering around here.

Something positive about BB, this is impossible. Let's see how many holes we can collectively poke in his story. Hold on, if I twist his words around I got one!
    And it's always the same people spewing negativity.
    08-01-14 03:05 PM
    Doubting, criticizing, or outright blasting the OPs claims isn't because anybody refuses to see a positive pro-BB post. Instead, it's because the claim is an outright exaggeration. The numbers simply do not align to make the OPs claim anywhere near feasible. But hey... If you want a forum where anybody can make up an outrageous claim just to satisfy your internal desire to escape from reality... Knock yourself out.

Amazing how members of a cause will champion a manufactured story simply because it reads better in their minds, than facing reality.

How do you know his story is not true? You don't. You can look at all the high level data you want and surmise that it is impossible, but in this one case, for this one store, who says it's not possible?

You must be a fun guy to party with. :eyeroll:
    spikesolie likes this.
    08-01-14 03:06 PM
    You guys are missing the REAL story.... Normally stores don't call other "distant locations" to find one device... they call their stocking distribution center. So this mean the distribution center is also out of stock.... so either the Q10 is selling far beyond what was expected by the distribution center because they weren't able to keep up with demand, or the Q10 has been EOL by the Carrier and/or BlackBerry.

The last ER did indicate based on the way they are calculating devices, an increase. And supposedly BES license are selling very well so it goes without saying that demand should be picking up. So that puts the OP story and John Chen's story in the same boat... they either float or sink together. Only the next ER will really tell the tale.
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    08-01-14 03:11 PM
    How do you know his story is not true? You don't. You can look at all the high level data you want and surmise that it is impossible, but in this one case, for this one store, who says it's not possible?

You must be a fun guy to party with. :eyeroll:
    Simple. For the same reason that my singing voice is probably the worst ever. Yet I can recognize great music when I hear it. I also really stink at Bowling (really really stink), but even I know that a square/cube shaped bowling ball won't roll down the lane.

Some things are just too obvious to ignore.

[edit] And let's be clear... I don't doubt for a moment that there's a chance that one store called another to see if they had a BB device. That's very feasible, especially given the low stock they each carry. The Shenanigans though, is the claim that it's due to the high demand of BB devices over the best selling devices. At best, it was a random special situational occurance.

Last edited by DenverRalphy; 08-01-14 at 03:25 PM.
    08-01-14 03:13 PM
    Hey, believe what you want. I am glad that a store managed to sell a good bit of BlackBerry phones. It makes me happy to know. I wanted to share what I thought would be good news, not cast doubts on my character. Believe it or not, a lot of businesses do bulk activations of certain phones. The Q10 is currently free with us right now and the Z30 was $100 off the whole month. Those prices are attractive despite the device brand. That's more than likely what happened--a business decided they wanted a large order of BB phones for their employees. I'm sure they sold a good bit of iPhones and Samsung devices, too, but not every agent in the US is closed-minded enough to focus solely on those two brands. Those of us who like to do a decent job at giving customers what they need will recommend an ugly flip phone if we need to, and of course BlackBerry! I personally have begun to see more BlackBerry phones come in for troubleshooting and not just legacy devices, either. I assisted a woman whose Z10 was rapidly losing battery life just two weeks ago, using knowledge gained from this very community. She was excited to hear about the Classic and the Passport and hopes to get the Classic because of it's smaller size. "I will never get rid of my BlackBerrys!" I hope both are available on our network so I can happily sell her and other brand loyalists a phone.
    I don't exactly know how that other store managed to sell what they did or why, even. I'm glad they did. If this information is so unlikely that you find it hilarious, that's fine. I was surprised and doubtful myself when I was told this.
    I'll keep information like this to myself next time.

Posted via CB10
    Don't keep to yourself because of a few people doubting the veracity of the news. I would like for you to continue to share the information as you get it!

By the way. Thanks for sharing!

Z10 (STL 100-3) Superphone with vitamin 10.2.1.2179
    08-01-14 03:35 PM
    Don't bother with it. Most of those downers don't realize 1 thing : you or anyone with a positive story aren't paid by BlackBerry per post. It's just a little story that warms the heart.

Posted via CB10
    OP you were misguided, this is crackberry, a site for Android and IOS users to come to bash BlackBerry, I'm sorry and apologize for the attacks made on your character, it's appalling and they come from the usual suspects. I do believe you completely, I for one, during my travels have been noticing more and more BlackBerry 10 devices out there, just ignore these gurus who are on another mission.

Posted via CB10
    Look I don't agree with people calling him a liar either, but I also find it interesting personal attacks are only appalling to you when it's a 'true believer'. What happened here is nothing compared to some of what's been directed at me and others here and at another site full of former posters from here. That's okay?

I'm genuinely curious since I have owned a LOT of BB devices over the years but had people accuse me of lying and dissuading clients from the phones, when I've sold probably hundreds of BBs over the years (6 last month when they are impossible to find).

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    08-01-14 03:48 PM
    You guys are missing the REAL story.... Normally stores don't call other "distant locations" to find one device... they call their stocking distribution center. So this mean the distribution center is also out of stock.... so either the Q10 is selling far beyond what was expected by the distribution center because they weren't able to keep up with demand, or the Q10 has been EOL by the Carrier and/or BlackBerry.

The last ER did indicate based on the way they are calculating devices, an increase. And supposedly BES license are selling very well so it goes without saying that demand should be picking up. So that puts the OP story and John Chen's story in the same boat... they either float or sink together. Only the next ER will really tell the tale.
    I actually had to get a z30 from Calgary for a customer and my store is in Ontario. Our warehouse is totally empty. So it does happen. Not often because shipping transfers are applied to the PnL of the receiving store so you try not to have to out of district order...

08-01-14 03:50 PM
    Look I don't agree with people calling him a liar either, but I also find it interesting personal attacks are only appalling to you when it's a 'true believer'. What happened here is nothing compared to some of what's been directed at me and others here and at another site full of former posters from here. That's okay?

I'm genuinely curious since I have owned a LOT of BB devices over the years but had people accuse me of lying and dissuading clients from the phones, when I've sold probably hundreds of BBs over the years (6 last month when they are impossible to find).

Sure you are, were? Please no need to tell us how many devices you had, you people come here to tear down anything positive about BlackBerry. There is a pattern and I know who they are. There is NOTHING constructive discussed. , no one is looking for a love fest but it's absurd the amount of BlackBerry bashing going on a BlackBerry site, I'm sorry. When I used Android I visited Android sites, I no longer use it so no need for me to visit, I use IOS still and visit the respective site, not to bash. If you no longer use BlackBerry fine just move on. We use BlackBerry 64,000 + + devices Globally, I don't say my word is gospel because we have been using BlackBerry for over a decade now. Verily longer since the days of the pager.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by crackbrry fan; 08-01-14 at 04:52 PM.
    NotGoodIMO and acovey like this.
    08-01-14 03:53 PM
    This is another thread that needs to be examined by the monitors. There are far too many uncivilized words being tossed about... then again I lived in a glass house before.

@BruvvaPete :Channel: C0012176F. Live well
    08-01-14 04:49 PM
    Well I guess it's good I still use a BB, I get to stay.

08-01-14 05:09 PM
    it's absurd the amount of BlackBerry bashing going on a BlackBerry site..........

Posted via CB10
    Oh they more than have it coming to them.......
    08-01-14 05:12 PM
    To be honest, I don't see the point of someone saying something positive and then, two or three "geniuses" who know everything come here to teach us the only and mighty truth of BlackBerry is dead and it is impossible any positive thing or new coming from BlackBerry... I have no problem with polite people when they disagree with something, but people calling names and basically insulting should be banned... that's my humble opinion

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    08-01-14 05:13 PM
    To be honest, I don't see the point of someone saying something positive and then, two or three "geniuses" who know everything come here to teach us the only and mighty truth of BlackBerry is dead and it is impossible any positive thing or new coming from BlackBerry... I have no problem with polite people when they disagree with something, but people calling names and basically insulting should be banned... that's my humble opinion

Posted via CB10
    Please point out anywhere in this thread where anybody said BB is dead, or alluded to nothing positive can ever come out of the platform? Simply put... the OP made a claim that anybody with any sense could recognize as being anything but wildly inaccurate. Just because it was "positive" towards BB does not commend the premise. If there's no factual basis behind it, you cannot condemn anybody for taking steps to vilify the statement. Especially when there's more evidence to support the vilification.
    08-01-14 05:48 PM
    I think CB should open a web page called www.nomatterwhatjustbashBlackberry.com from this site they could have at least 10 VIP members.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    LuvULongTime likes this.
    08-01-14 06:20 PM
    Please point out anywhere in this thread where anybody said BB is dead, or alluded to nothing positive can ever come out of the platform? Simply put... the OP made a claim that anybody with any sense could recognize as being anything but wildly inaccurate. Just because it was "positive" towards BB does not commend the premise. If there's no factual basis behind it, you cannot condemn anybody for taking steps to vilify the statement. Especially when there's more evidence to support the vilification.
    Just because you bought an android doesnt mean the whole world is and should. Just relax on the pessimism.

Unless of course you think you know everything.

It is entirely possible that a retailer can at any moment in time sell more BlackBerries at a certain time than any other phone depending on local demand.

Why is this so unbelievable?

At selfridges UK this was reported at a time:
    http://www.technobuffalo.com/2013/05...and-galaxy-s4/

The arrogance of some people is astonishing.

Differentiate or Die
    08-01-14 07:26 PM
    Sure you are, were? Please no need to tell us how many devices you had, you people come here to tear down anything positive about BlackBerry. There is a pattern and I know who they are. There is NOTHING constructive discussed. , no one is looking for a love fest but it's absurd the amount of BlackBerry bashing going on a BlackBerry site, I'm sorry. When I used Android I visited Android sites, I no longer use it so no need for me to visit, I use IOS still and visit the respective site, not to bash. If you no longer use BlackBerry fine just move on. We use BlackBerry 64,000 + + devices Globally, I don't say my word is gospel because we have been using BlackBerry for over a decade now. Verily longer since the days of the pager.

Posted via CB10
    It's a phone...... just saying.

�To conquer oneself is a greater task than conquering others� Buddha
    08-01-14 07:36 PM
    Well I guess it's good I still use a BB, I get to stay.

As long as you use it more than...... Oh let's say 80% of the time. Otherwise you're gone.

�To conquer oneself is a greater task than conquering others� Buddha
    08-01-14 07:38 PM
78 1234