Anyone know the best way to delete a theme you have downloaded? I went to Blackberry help and it told me to go to options>themes>highlight the one i want to delete>click menu>click delete theme .... but delete theme was not an option.
    03-14-08 06:03 PM
    Anyone know the best way to delete a theme you have downloaded? I went to Blackberry help and it told me to go to options>themes>highlight the one i want to delete>click menu>click delete theme .... but delete theme was not an option.
    Try Menu>Options>Advanced Options>Applications>

If you still don't see it there then hit Menu>Modules

Once you have found it and deleted you should do a battery pull to clean things out.

Good Luck!
    03-14-08 06:09 PM
    First one worked... thanks so much!
    03-14-08 06:11 PM
    One way would be to do a restore to a earlier time when you did not have the theme, but that would require that you use DM and backup regularly and remember a date that you did not have the theme.

The other way would be to edit the blackberry.alx file. That is a bit more complicated but nothing major. I defer to the more advanced on the topic, but I believe you could edit the .alx file, remove the line with the theme, and perform an update which would happen automatically once you plugged back into DM. As always, backup before you make any changes.

I hope that helps. I'm sure there will be several options to you from the many crackheads out there.
    Hmm.....All that typing and someone already answered your problem and it worked. You gotta love cb.com!!!!!
    First one worked... thanks so much!
    Glad it worked! Enjoy!
    03-14-08 06:12 PM
    Haha... yea that's what can be stinky about the forums - so many people access them. While you're getting into a good post....someone answers for ya. Thanks a lot for the response though!!
    03-14-08 10:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD