None of my BT devices are working correctly (or at all in some cases) and I would like to delete them and then re-pair the devices to see if that will fix the problem. The problem is if I highlight the device and press menu, nothing happens. I have no option to delete BT devices except my basic Plantronics earpiece. All my stereo BT devices, my second Storm, and the computer have no menu options. I wiped the phone and reinstalled .191, but then when I restored my settings, my BT devices restored and I still can't delete them. I couldn't figure out how to restore everything but those?

This is very frustrating. My S9 headphones will play sound, but I can't control the music tracks, play, or pause with them. And I can't get anything to work between my Pioneer car stereo and the Storm.

Anyone have any suggestions? Or is anyone else having trouble with stereo BT?

Thanks!
    08-31-09 01:33 AM
    You aren't alone. I can't delete my bluetooth profiles either and while I can listen to my music through my Sony DR-BT21G headphones, I have lost the ability to control it like you.
    08-31-09 01:54 AM
    Interesting...

I just loaded .191 on my second Storm and then paired the S9's to it and the controls work. Also, when I go into the BT setup, I can access the menu for the S9's. The fact that I was able to pair the S9's up as a new device and they work normally on my spare Storm makes me think that the profiles for the devices are corrupted on our Storms and that's why they don't work right. The trick now is probably to figure out how to get rid of them without losing other data so we can set them up again. I think...

Another difference...the volume indicator on the screen is different too. On my primary Storm when I press the volume buttons on the side of the phone it gives me a sliding volume scale. On the other Storm when I do that the screen displays a + or - when I push the buttons. Maybe that's a setting somewhere? oh wait, when I disconnected the BT and then played the music through the phone speakers I got the volume bar instead or the + and -.

OK, something's weird with our phones...

08-31-09 02:23 AM
    Interesting...

I just loaded .191 on my second Storm and then paired the S9's to it and the controls work. Also, when I go into the BT setup, I can access the menu for the S9's. The fact that I was able to pair the S9's up as a new device and they work normally on my spare Storm makes me think that the profiles for the devices are corrupted on our Storms and that's why they don't work right. The trick now is probably to figure out how to get rid of them without losing other data so we can set them up again. I think...

Another difference...the volume indicator on the screen is different too. On my primary Storm when I press the volume buttons on the side of the phone it gives me a sliding volume scale. On the other Storm when I do that the screen displays a + or - when I push the buttons. Maybe that's a setting somewhere? oh wait, when I disconnected the BT and then played the music through the phone speakers I got the volume bar instead or the + and -.

OK, something's weird with our phones...

Maybe you could try loading up your previous OS on the non working Storm and then deleted the S9, then back up, wipe, reload 191, restore.
    08-31-09 02:41 AM
    Maybe you could try loading up your previous OS on the non working Storm and then deleted the S9, then back up, wipe, reload 191, restore.
    Thinking about doing that. What a pain!

Yep, went back down to .151 and was able to delete the BT profiles. Unfortunately, I lost all my 3rd party apps again and will have to load them back one by one...ugh. Going to go back up to .191 now and then reload all my apps probably tomorrow.

Uhhhh, wait a minute...I deleted the BT devices and rebooted, and now they are back? WTF? This is going to be a long night....
    Last edited by ChuckH0308; 08-31-09 at 03:44 AM. Reason: edit
    08-31-09 02:54 AM
    FINALLY!!!

My S9's will now control the music functions. I also have options when I push the menu button! What a PITA all that was! Tat's the good news. The bad news is that it didn't fix the stereo BT with video problem I'm having with the video being choppy. Plays smoothly when I disconnect the headphones. Not as important as the music though...I can live with the video problem for a bit. Oh yeah, I did have to reload all my 3rd party apps again one by one and now I need to get all my icons back in order...ugh.
    08-31-09 05:16 AM
    I have the same problem too.. i can listen to my music but i cant talk or hear when i try to use the phone?? i have the plantronics 590 headset.. Help?
    08-31-09 08:55 PM
    Same issue here also on my Parrott. That's a dealbreaker and if I can't get phone calls on my MKI9200 I'll have to pass.
    08-31-09 10:14 PM
    I have the same problem too.. i can listen to my music but i cant talk or hear when i try to use the phone?? i have the plantronics 590 headset.. Help?
    And you are unable to delete the Bluetooth profile for your Plantronics? If that's the case then this is going to be a lot easier for you thatn it was for me because you won't have to wipe your phone and reload the apps (unless your OS downgrade or upgrade crashes). It sucks, but the only way I could find to do this is to downgrade your OS (there are instructions on that in this forum) to a 4.7 version or whatever your previous one was. Then delete your Bluetooth profiles from there and do a new backup of your user data in Desktop Manager that does not have the Bluetooth profiles. Then reinstall the 5.0.191 using AppLoader and then restore your backups if necessary (sometimes they don't restore automatically. Now you should have 5.0.191 without any Bluetooth profiles. You can now follow the paring procedure to pair up your Plantronics to the new OS. It should work right after that!

Hope that helps! If you've updated and downgraded your OS before this should be really easy for you...you just have to add that extra step of deleting the BT profiles while in the lower OS.
    08-31-09 10:17 PM
    If anyone has downgraded/deleted profile/upgraded and repaired...is it working? I have a new BB visor mount speakerphone/fm transmitter that no longer works since 191. Connects fine, fm transmitter is still great, but speakerphone no longer works. Got to have the sp (why I bought it of course) so could be a dealbreaker. Otherwise, absolutely (well, sorta) love 191.
    09-01-09 06:57 PM
    Yeah I tried downgrading, backing up and restoring on .191 and my Parrot will connect but not run the phone call thru my MKI9200. Just pisses me off.....I mean video/picture camera I can deal with but I gotta have my bluetooth working. 5.0.0.140 it works fine I just love all the bells and whistles that come with .191. Very disappointing.
    09-01-09 07:41 PM
    Same thing with the Ford Sync system in my Explorer. No sound and I couldn't delete the profile. Back to .151 and no problem. I did like that 5.0 OS though
    09-01-09 08:07 PM
    You guys weren't able to delete the profiles in .151 while downgraded and then upgrade to .191 and recreate the profiles with success? I haven't tried pairing back up with the car yet, but my Motorola S9's and my Plantronics 220 paired back up fine. I'm pretty sure there's just some incompatibility issue between 4.7 and 5.0 BT profiles, so you may continue to have these problems on any 5.0 upgrade unless you make sure to do the upgrade without any current BT profiles.
    09-01-09 08:23 PM
    I deleted the profile from 5.0.0.140 re-paired with my Parrot MKI9200 and backed up while still on .140......then upgraded to .191 and I got no phone calls running thru my Parrot. .140 worked great no problems. Are you saying starting from 4.7.0.151 bluetooth profile and backing up......then upgrade to 5.0.0.191 and restore 4.7.0.151.......thats what's going to fix my issue?
    09-01-09 08:50 PM
    I deleted the profile from 5.0.0.140 re-paired with my Parrot MKI9200 and backed up while still on .140......then upgraded to .191 and I got no phone calls running thru my Parrot. .140 worked great no problems. Are you saying starting from 4.7.0.151 bluetooth profile and backing up......then upgrade to 5.0.0.191 and restore 4.7.0.151.......thats what's going to fix my issue?
    I can't guaranty it, but that's what worked for me. I wasn't on 5.0.140 long enough to know if mine even worked then, so I just went back to where I was confident I could delete them, which was 4.7.151. It's a PITA and takes a lot of your time, but might be worth another shot? My original theory though was that as long as you didn't have any profiles setup when upgrading to .191 you would be OK...maybe I was off base on that one? Maybe later tonight I will try pairing to the car to see what happens.

EDIT! Oh wait, I just read your post again. You deleted the profile while on .140 and then re-paired your Parrot while still on .140 and did the backup with the Parrot paired? That might be the problem. You need to delete the profile and never pair it again on .140. You do not want ANY Bluetooth device profiles saved on your Storm before doing your backup and restore. That might be the difference. Is that making sense?
    Last edited by ChuckH0308; 09-01-09 at 09:03 PM. Reason: edit
    09-01-09 08:59 PM
    Just wanted to update again on this. I finally got around to re-pairing the Storm to my Pioneer Head unit in the car and confirmed that it does now work!
    09-02-09 08:30 PM
    Yeah I'll try again....tired of changing OS's its like an addiction but I understand what your saying.
    09-02-09 10:27 PM
    See what I noticed that the backup files we used for 151 or whatever we had on here before do not work well with the databases used in 191. What I did was simply wipe my phone and when I restored my files I left out the bluetooth options. So this way when I tried to pair them now, they work with no issues of erasing them or anything. Try it.
    09-03-09 02:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD