Hi guys,

I have a problem with one of my emails, where my Torch is saying that the password is invalid (it is not - I have the correct password). This is the first time it has happened in 8 months of using my BIS. I've tried rebooting, reinstalling the OS (.570), downgrading to (.546) and changing the email password.

I've come to the conclusion that I have to delete the email account (my other three connected emails are working no problem). The only thing is that I NEED the emails from that account to remain on my Torch (the emails that are currently on my phone). Is it possible to backup the account, delete it, re-add the account and then restore those emails back onto the account? Or will the torch not register them as the same account?

Thanks in advance!
    06-07-11 06:17 AM
    It may not be neccessary to delete the account and re-add it. In fact, I doubt it is. I've had this happen in the past and found that going into my BIS account (using the computer, NOT the device) and re-entering the password has fixed the problem so that the uncooperative account has started working again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-11 07:21 AM
    I tried that, with no luck. I also tried changing the email password to several different types (all letters, all numbers, both; capital letters etc.).
    06-07-11 07:36 AM
    Well, that's perplexing. I'm at a loss. I hope someone can help with the answer. Be sure to let us know how you resolve it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-11 09:13 AM
    Okay, well I did a full system backup using desktop manager. I then deleted the email account and 're-installed' the email. Unfortunately when I do a restore it outs the emails back into the inbox but then deletes them all after a few minutes of receiving the first new email. Is there anyway of extracting the emails and putting them into the email folder or someway of getting the old emails back into the account?

This is kind of important because the emails are no longer on the email server, they were only on the device! And I had to delete the account to get the email working again...I'm in a tough position here!
    Last edited by dpala1; 06-08-11 at 02:11 AM. Reason: spelling error.
    06-08-11 02:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD