I've been having this issue before I just ignored it but I guess ill ask Crackberry members if they know how to fix it..so every time I reboot my phone, some text messages the I have deleted ages ago keeps on coming back to my inbox and it's blank. so basically it's there with the sender's number except the message is blank and i have to delete it again. same story every time I restart my phone. Have u guys experienced this before?
    01-06-13 12:41 AM
    Same thing happens to me, no clue how to fix it.
    01-06-13 07:16 AM
    Wow ..and I thought it was only happening to my 9930. Same thing going here. Does anyone on CrackBerry know how to correct this annoying problem?
    01-06-13 07:19 AM
    We need help....
    01-06-13 07:30 AM
    I had a problem where I would SMS my contact, and it would stay there for a while, but when I rebooted the phone it would "delete" the recent entry since last reboot.
    However, when I typed the contact in again to start a new chain, all the old history/messages came back... It was strange, but it seemed to just eventually work its self out for me.
    Also rocking a 9930 from Verizon.
    01-06-13 07:42 AM
    Yeah I'm rocking 9930 on sprint but my 9650 also did the same thing
    01-06-13 10:19 AM
    I tried doing a security wipe to make sure everything gets deleted but still coming back
    01-06-13 10:50 AM
    I'm on ATT with Bold 9900...same exact thing with me.
    01-06-13 11:23 AM
    I had the one where it won't let you delete sent emails.
    01-06-13 11:27 AM
    We have to let RIM know about the issue, they probably dont know about it unless someone with the same issue addressed it to RIM
    01-06-13 11:28 AM
    It could also be a privacy concern, im thinking of giving one of my BlackBerry to a family member but the fact that even security wipe can't fix it, I can't hand if over until my personal datas are completely gone
    01-06-13 11:32 AM
    I've had this problem for years. Kinda sad that the "best device for communication" can't handle deleting SMS or emails properly. The SMS will pop back up after a reboot, and occasionally emails - especially gmail accounts - wont delete at all. They just stay. It's really a pain, and I've gotten to where I don't even bother with deleting them permanently, because I know it will just happen again. So I just do my best to ignore them.

But for those of you that would like to delete the messages, Open SMS - Menu - View Folder: You will see a bunch of messaging folders. Like SMS inbox and SMS outbox. Open the folders and delete the reappearing SMS there and it will go away. The only way I've found to fix stuck emails is to update my OS, but just like with SMS, it eventually happens again.

Both methods of deleting them get old really quick. RIM needs to fix it, but since it has been happening to me every since I was rockin a Storm 2, I highly doubt they will ever get around to addressing it.
    01-06-13 12:28 PM
    That's odd behaviour. I've never experienced the same on any of my 7 BB's. My settings are to save SMS to the sim card. I wonder if that makes a difference?
    filoinstyle likes this.
    01-06-13 12:34 PM
    That's odd behaviour. I've never experienced the same on any of my 7 BB's. My settings are to save SMS to the sim card. I wonder if that makes a difference?
    Maybe I should do that
    01-06-13 07:47 PM
    I've had this problem for years. Kinda sad that the "best device for communication" can't handle deleting SMS or emails properly. The SMS will pop back up after a reboot, and occasionally emails - especially gmail accounts - wont delete at all. They just stay. It's really a pain, and I've gotten to where I don't even bother with deleting them permanently, because I know it will just happen again. So I just do my best to ignore them.

But for those of you that would like to delete the messages, Open SMS - Menu - View Folder: You will see a bunch of messaging folders. Like SMS inbox and SMS outbox. Open the folders and delete the reappearing SMS there and it will go away. The only way I've found to fix stuck emails is to update my OS, but just like with SMS, it eventually happens again.

Both methods of deleting them get old really quick. RIM needs to fix it, but since it has been happening to me every since I was rockin a Storm 2, I highly doubt they will ever get around to addressing it.
    Ive looked up at the folders but there's nothing in there so I don't know where these reappering messages are coming from
    01-06-13 07:48 PM
    Did you try purging them with the desktop manager? "Device" "Delete Data"
    filoinstyle likes this.
    01-07-13 01:36 AM
    No I haven't but I'll give it a go
    01-07-13 03:19 AM
    I just did it with the desktop manager>clear data and it works. Thank you for your help
    01-07-13 04:36 AM
    It could also be a privacy concern, im thinking of giving one of my BlackBerry to a family member but the fact that even security wipe can't fix it, I can't hand if over until my personal datas are completely gone
    When you do a Security wipe it will delete all your info but for the problem will still exist for the next person to use it. Not that your data will still be there.
    01-07-13 08:06 AM
    When you do a Security wipe it will delete all your info but for the problem will still exist for the next person to use it. Not that your data will still be there.
    desktop manager does the job I fixed it it's no longer coming back
    01-07-13 08:52 AM
    Try this:
    1. Go to text Messages
    2. Open menu and go to view folder
    3. Search for SMS Outbox
    4. Then delete the zombie messages.
    I did that and now, my inbox are empty even if I reboot/remove my battery. Hope this works.
    Khan Mark likes this.
    05-07-13 10:40 AM
    the last step that was posted works. Go on sms outbox and the two blank numbers will be there with the number and the message they were lasted used in. All you have to do then is delete it. Yep it worked for me. Thank you to the guy that posted how to do it.
    08-02-13 04:46 PM
    How about with bb z10? How delete those messages?
    09-25-13 05:46 PM