I think I set this up properly, but I'm finding that deleting emails on the web is not deleting them off the BB. Should I expect this to happen? I did set the BB options to delete only on the handheld, and not handheld and the web.

Thanks.
    01-07-09 07:57 AM
    You have to delete them off the device, deleteing e-mails via PC will not delete them from your device. You can however open e-mails online and they will be marked as read on your device...
    01-07-09 08:00 AM
    Okay, thanks.

I am not, however, showing emails as read on the BB after they've been opened on the computer. Thoughts on why this might be happening?
    01-07-09 08:24 AM
    Not really, i had a bunch of unopened e-mails on my device and i was online checking my account, as i opened the emails, the message number count would drop until they were all read. It happens fast too...
    01-07-09 08:31 AM
    Anyone else have thoughts on why this is happening (or not happening)?
    01-07-09 08:59 AM
    Deleting on my computer does delete them off of the berry. Assuming you are deleting them from the gmail web page and not from some outlook/entourage/mail app. The IMAP should sync them in both directions provided you have it turned on in Google gmail settings. If not, i would recommend deleting the account and then set it up again from your carrier's blackberry emai website and not from the wireless device.
    01-07-09 09:11 AM
    Okay, thanks.

I am not, however, showing emails as read on the BB after they've been opened on the computer. Thoughts on why this might be happening?
    Unless you are on BES, both questions you asked cannot be done. You have to manually do it on your BB, either delete and also mark as read if this is what you want, reading them and marking as opened on the computer does not do it on the BB.
    01-07-09 09:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD