Hi all. I have a BB Curve 9330 and a work e-mail account set up on my phone on outlook through BIS. I understand the delay in receiving the e-mails to my phone from outlook due to the server and that if I delete an e-mail from my phone it will not delete in outlook due to the server. My question is how come when I receive an e-mail in outlook which comes before it goes to my phone, and I delete the e-mail in outlook, it still shows up later on in my blackberry? Is this normal or is there a way to fix it? Thanks alot and sorry for the long post!
    01-03-12 09:46 PM
    Guess you did not get the answer you were looking for in this thread you posted.

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...mputer-667107/
    01-03-12 10:30 PM
    I forgot that I posted that but that actually addresses the opposite situation (deleting e-mail from the BB that doesn't delete on outlook). I am wondering why if I delete an e-mail from my outlook, it still later on after the delay comes to my BB
    01-04-12 09:52 AM
    How do you have your email set up on the BB?
    On your BB click open en email envelope.
    click the BB button & scroll to options/Email reconciliation
    Drop down should give you all your email on the BB.
    under that is the Folder Management Delete on:Pick the on that will delete both.
    Under that there Wireless reconcile: pick Mailbox wins.

This should help with the issue.
    01-04-12 11:33 AM
    My e-mail is set up through BIS and all those options, which are set how you told me to, did not correct the issue.
    01-04-12 01:02 PM
    If the BIS polls the exchange server (or whatever you have) and receives the email before you delete it - it will still be pushed to your BB.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-04-12 01:15 PM
    MJS - Yes my understanding is that BIS does poll the server here at work. That is how I get my e-mail on outlook from the server. And you have to have checked mark in outlook "leave a copy of messages" on the server so they come to your BB. Are you saying that once I get an e-mail in outlook and I delete it there, it will still be pushed to my BB sometime in that next polling/delay period, even though I deleted it there first? Why is that? Can it be fixed or is it totally normal?
    01-04-12 01:58 PM
    It is normal. You need BES to accomplish what you want.
    01-04-12 02:05 PM
    Thank you very much. Do you also happen to know with gmail, which I have, why there is not 2 way sync'ing with deleting e-mails? When I delete an email on my phone from my gmail account it deletes on my computer. However, vice-versa does not always happen if I delete on my computer, I have to still delete it on my BB. Just the way it is I presume?
    01-04-12 02:27 PM
    It will delete on BIS eventually. Gmail is just slow to delete on BIS when deleted on webmail from PC.
    01-04-12 02:40 PM
    Ok that is good to know. Really appreciate the help lak and everyone else!
    01-04-12 02:43 PM
    How long does it take? I deleted an e-mail off my computer at 9 am and it is still on my blackberry phone (12:10 pm)
    01-05-12 11:08 AM
    From my experience once the emails are on your blackberry you have to manually delete them, 'reconcile' won't work.

That and truncated mails are two things about the Blackberry I dislike, seems old ...
    01-05-12 12:26 PM
    Thanks alot, good to know and I agree, I dislike it too lol.
    01-05-12 03:18 PM
    I heard there's a setting to synchronize deleted items, but I haven't been able to get there, as I'm out of coverage right now. Give me until tomorrow night and I'll tell you.

Also, have you clicked Send/Receive on Outlook? for my gmail I have to do that, otherwise they won't delete on my mobile devices
    01-05-12 05:20 PM
    Okay that be great let me know. And yes I have done that with send/receive. As said above, they delete off gmail when I delete from my phone (Mailbox & Handheld) but not vice versa when you delete from gmail it doesn't come off the BB (also said above).

As for outlook, no the send-receive doesn't do that to delete on my mobile. I know for a fact that with outlook (since its not a web access account) when I choose delete from mailbox and handheld on my phone they won't delete on the computer. I can live with that. But the issue that you are looking to and that was addressed above is that when I delete an e-mail on my outlook that has not come to my BB yet due to the delay, why it still comes there?
    01-06-12 03:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD