Guys, I've just got hold of a corporate issue 9900. While mucking around I signed up for a Blackberry ID. A few hours later when I looked at the welcome email I thought I'd use a different email address, so I used the link to delete the ID.
    But now when I come to change the ID on the phone it won't let me. So I can't 'sign out' because it will wipe my phone, and I can't sign in with the original ID because it doesn't exist, and I can't sign in with another ID because it says something about the ID associated with this smartphone.
    Being a corporate (BES?) phone it is not useless without an ID but it's darn annoying. Any solutions without contacting IT?
    Thanks for your help.
    04-10-13 07:01 AM
    Guys, I've just got hold of a corporate issue 9900. While mucking around I signed up for a Blackberry ID. A few hours later when I looked at the welcome email I thought I'd use a different email address, so I used the link to delete the ID.
    But now when I come to change the ID on the phone it won't let me. So I can't 'sign out' because it will wipe my phone, and I can't sign in with the original ID because it doesn't exist, and I can't sign in with another ID because it says something about the ID associated with this smartphone.
    Being a corporate (BES?) phone it is not useless without an ID but it's darn annoying. Any solutions without contacting IT?
    Thanks for your help.
    I've never had the 9900 but on the PlayBook the only way to change the BBID is a security wipe. I had a 9700 but never mucked up the BBID.
    04-10-13 07:43 AM
    Just to update this, I ended up doing a security wipe. All good.
    04-18-13 10:46 PM